lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-19-2015, 10:24 AM   #1
yeabuddy
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Dash mount & aux battery help

Could someone recommend one of these and show me or point me in the right direction to install one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Triple-3-1-A...6182e1&vxp=mtr

I'd like to connect it and my lights to an aux battery.
I'm a complete novice when it comes to this so additional help with a video or pictures with the parts needed and a step by step guide to tying something like this all together would be great?

Or a good place I could go to pick up all these parts and ask an associate for advice would be helpful too?

Thanks in advance. Yeabuddy!
yeabuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-19-2015, 02:24 PM   #2
yeabuddy
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Dash mount & aux battery help

I think I found everything I need. It was right in front of my face the whole time

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Triple-3-1A-...64213736&rt=nc

Should I have any reservations about this?
Old 02-19-2015, 02:32 PM   #3
Kerrville78028
Gone Wild

I don't know how you intend to wire it but... That ad says that it is a 12 volt meter. I would think you could wire the accessory plugs to 12 volts and the meter across the batt bank for 36 or 48 volt reading, but not for sure if the volt meter will handle it.
Kerrville78028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 02:53 PM   #4
yeabuddy
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerrville78028 View Post
I don't know how you intend to wire it but... That ad says that it is a 12 volt meter. I would think you could wire the accessory plugs to 12 volts and the meter across the batt bank for 36 or 48 volt reading, but not for sure if the volt meter will handle it.
I already have a meter on the bank so I would be wiring this straight to the auxiliary battery to measure that.
Old 02-19-2015, 07:10 PM   #5
crash test dummy

no it will not work on golf cart

Quote:
The meter draws nominally 10 ma. and the range is 0-35 vdc
will work on aux battery
Old 02-19-2015, 09:03 PM   #6
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

am I reading the ad correct , the plug/caps are not included ?
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 09:06 PM   #7
rammunition361
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

that's nice. what made you want aux batt over voltage reducer?
rammunition361 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 09:07 PM   #8
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

-Add a triple segmented daisy chain jumper to this assembly. Allows you to hook up all three socket elements and make one connection to your power source. See 121464089505

-Add a USB plug connector boot. This is a vinyl boot that slips over your USB cable connector such that when the connector is inserted into the socket the boot covers the connection from weather. See item 110966193186

-Add a socket boot to increase the weather resistance of the socket. The boot covers the the wire contacts and has an exit for the wires. The socket boot may be purchase one per assembly when you buy this item. For a straight boot (shown above but not included in this listing) see this listing 120941435675. For a right angle boot for tight installations see this listing 110791911918 .

-Add a fuse holder to your socket installation. Always connect the socket to your battery with a fuse in between. This listing is for an inline waterproof fuse holder and a 15 amp ATO fuse. See listing 110968445581

-Add a rubber occlusive sealing socket washer. Makes an extra waterproof seal when mounting the socket against a panel. The washer goes between the socket flange or nut, and the panel to seal the assembly. See listing 301066433426

-Add wires with a fused 60 inch (5ft) wire harness to your socket assembly. The harness comes with of a fuse holder and fuse, and red and black wire connectors to attach to your socket and battery. See 121264213736.

-Extended warranty. This product comes with a one year warranty for damage during normal use. Just return it for repair or replace. If you want to extend the basic warranty period to three years, buy this option 301125941663

-Add a socket switch waterproof-Single pole single throw (SPST). Rubber switch cover and sealed back fits in a socket hole. Wire crimp connections. See 121422944323.

-Add extra mounting plate black screws. Allows you to mount your socket with plate in a panel of unlimited thickness. See 121435313871
Old 02-19-2015, 09:10 PM   #9
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rammunition361 View Post
that's nice. what made you want aux batt over voltage reducer?
for me it was my lights and radio come off another battery instead of draining my pack . I rather drive home with no lights then push it
Old 02-19-2015, 09:12 PM   #10
yeabuddy
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan View Post
am I reading the ad correct , the plug/caps are not included ?
The description says it comes with caps for the 12v power socket and dual usb charger. That list you posted includes boots you can purchase separately for additional water proofing while something is plugged in.
I am surprised they mention the jumper, wires and a fuse in that list though. They're already included in that package.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts