lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-06-2015, 02:53 PM   #11
larryo587
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: new controller and new solenoid still no go!

Ok replaced the battery. PACK IS AT 33.7V
BETWEEN B- AND M- with key on is 33.6v. With pedal depressed all the way it only drops to 26.7
larryo587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-06-2015, 02:55 PM   #12
larryo587
Not Yet Wild

Scottyb tried calling ur place for tech support so maybe u can walk through with what i need to check.
Old 04-06-2015, 03:02 PM   #13
larryo587
Not Yet Wild

If my meter is reading ohms right the black and white terminals have 9 ohms and doesnt change when pedal is depressed
Old 04-06-2015, 03:26 PM   #14
larryo587
Not Yet Wild

The motor is also "locked up" when pedal is depressed but can spin again when released
Old 04-06-2015, 03:44 PM   #15
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryo587 View Post
If my meter is reading ohms right the black and white terminals have 9 ohms and doesnt change when pedal is depressed
Measure between the wires you disconnect for the controller, not the terminals on the controller they were disconnected from.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 04:31 PM   #16
scalpem15
Not Yet Wild

Thanks! Did just that and goes from zero ohms to 6500 ohms when pedal is fully depressed. Seemed to be a gradual climb with the pedal. Appears pot box is okay.

I have some more questions for you but will start another thread as not to hijack this one anymore than I already have. Thanks again JonnieB
scalpem15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 04:34 PM   #17
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryo587 View Post
Ok replaced the battery. PACK IS AT 33.7V
BETWEEN B- AND M- with key on is 33.6v. With pedal depressed all the way it only drops to 26.7
The carts not gonna run with these numbers. There simply is not enough battery juice. Recharge the pack and try again with 36v or better.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 09:07 PM   #18
larryo587
Not Yet Wild

Ok im back on trying to get this going. If my findings are right...With the key off im getting 2-3 volts less between m- and b-. As soon as i turn key it jumps to pack voltage. I slowly depress pedal and it drops to around 25v and stays there even with pedal fully depressed. I also tested throttle between the black and white wires. It starts right at 0 and goes up to 6.5k ohms if my readings are correct.

As far as the cart when on the ground all it does is twitch forward or backward. With the rear end jacked up the tire slowly starts to spin then picks up a little speed but bever full potential. Also the solenoid was pretty warm when i finished tested. Hope this is enough info for someone to try n help me.
Old 05-06-2015, 09:18 PM   #19
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Sounds like worn-out brushes in motor. You can remove & inspect motor yourself. Or remove it & take it to a starter/alternator rebiuld shop (most can also repair golf motors). I suggest always inspecting motor whenever controller is in question or replaced.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 09:23 PM   #20
Knothead
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

See Scotty's response above! 33.x volts is a DEAD battery pack (36 volts is a dead pack....38.2 volts is a fully charged pack). You don't have enough juice to power the motor, & could possibly wipe out your controller from under-voltage.
Knothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO