lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-13-2016, 09:42 PM   #1
Yamahama
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default Chinese GY6 CV carb

I want to open a discussion about the inexpensive gy6 CV carb available on both eBay. I know other members have looked at this carb as an option to replace the stock clone carb.

The CV carb seems significantly larger than the stock carb so packaging is a concern but the carb several benefits.

Benefits I see:
-Automatic choke
-Accelerator pump
-Larger venturi
-Readily obtainable jets

Possible difficulties:
-carburetor physical size
-needs to be mounted with a boot (32mm?)
-needs to be tuned out of the box

What are other people's thoughts?

I'm thinking of using a 32mm carb adapter with a 45 degree 32mm silicone hose. Then mount the carb towards the rear of cart (g2) with an air filter setup behind the seats. This would go on my next motor which will likely be a 420 clone with rod and cam .
Yamahama is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-13-2016, 10:53 PM   #2
cfherrman
Gone Wild

Default Re: Chinese GY6 CV carb

I have one that needs floats adjusted, i just bought a new one for 20 bucks, let me know if you want something measured or pictured, its probalky only good for 10 hp in stock form
cfherrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 01:59 AM   #3
Yamahama
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfherrman View Post
it's probalky only good for 10 hp in stock form
Which throttle plate size are you referring you? I have seen seen various sizes up to 32mm. 32mm should have a venturi size larger than VC's tuned carb and should support more hp. I was planning to use the 30mm version since it would be a little larger than a stock gx390 carb.
Old 07-14-2016, 11:04 AM   #4
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

I bought the 32mm pumper, the most expensive one. Not sure you need the pumper, but I figured it may shift better if the engine had faster response to throttle and only planned to buy a carb once lol. You should be able to go larger with a CV because it has the vacuum slider in it and have no downside of bogging because the carb is too large. The stock carb is 24mm outlet the CV 32mm, but the venturi is smaller in all of them than the outlet. There are some other carbs too like the ones used on scooters and small atv that are in the $30 range, one is a PK or something. The non pumper CV is pretty cheap. You will have to jet them, if you cant do that don't bother. Some of the carbs are for 2 strokes and I don't know the difference so I'd recommend you get one for 4 stroke applications.

Yes the thing is huge and I did not anticipate that lol! However in my G9 there is no room to start with and I planned to relocate the carb on top of the block, but now not sure what room I have there with suspension movement. I think it will fit, but carb is like 4" tall. Not had time to put together the intake manifold I designed for it and get it installed and make a mount is the only thing I don't have. I have a car airbox I will connect it to. The intake and tubing I will use are about 32mm also. Vegas sells an intake but I wanted one very short so I had more room to make the 180 turn to top of block. Mine is 1" total. I have fuel filler hose to couple the intake together and bought the carb with the boot and intake elbow. Think I posted pics on my build thread here in clones.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 11:22 AM   #5
Brian Boyer
Gone Wild

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BjQyjyfjIIQ

Anyone ever run this buggar?
Brian Boyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 03:07 PM   #6
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Pics of my 32mm pumper its just like that. This is where I want to mount it.
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/clone...one-bb-23.html
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 06:06 PM   #7
Yamahama
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Thanks for the info guys. I believe the 32mm pumper is the one I was planning to buy. I was hoping to be able to run the car towards the back of the cart under the rear body ( which I don't currently have).

I'm glad to see other's with interest in this.

I'm going to pick one of these up soon as well as a 420, stroker crank, cam and rod from VC in the near future. Or I might just buy myself a whole VC460 but that gets expensive to get to Canada.
Old 07-17-2016, 10:56 AM   #8
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

I have one. Went back to the VC modified carb. I had problems getting the jetting right, no source for jets for that carb. I also had problems with the electric choke and mounting the carb correctly. Without any experience with aftermarket carbs like this, I didn't know where to get parts/help to get it tuned properly. It ran better with the original carb, so that's what's on it now.

I will say this.....top end speed and power was incredible! It seemed like it would rev forever with that carb. I had it up to 7000 rpm one time. Not sure what speed I was at though. I'm guessing 45 plus.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/clone...-440-a-28.html

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/clone...gy6-carbs.html
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 11:48 AM   #9
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
I have one. Went back to the VC modified carb. I had problems getting the jetting right, no source for jets for that carb. I also had problems with the electric choke and mounting the carb correctly. Without any experience with aftermarket carbs like this, I didn't know where to get parts/help to get it tuned properly. It ran better with the original carb, so that's what's on it now.

I will say this.....top end speed and power was incredible! It seemed like it would rev forever with that carb. I had it up to 7000 rpm one time. Not sure what speed I was at though. I'm guessing 45 plus.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/clone...-440-a-28.html

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/clone...gy6-carbs.html
Here's a site where you may be able to find jets for the GY6 carb. You have more info on what carb it is exactly but they sell jets for all the little knock off carburetors.

http://www.sip-scootershop.com/en/main/base/home.aspx
Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 12:44 PM   #10
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

There are TONS of jets for this carb on Ebay. You can get sets of 10 for both the main and pilot jets for $13 or so.Just type in kehin CVK.I bought both types and installed as per GDFP recommendations.Carb is just waiting along with all the other speed equipment for Ray stop riding and start wrenching.AND we are all waiting for SHO to show me how EASY it is to install the BIG carb.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps