lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-26-2018, 09:52 AM   #1
Medic5561
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Default 4x4 conversion kits ?

I'm looking for help with finding a good conversion kit for my club car, anyone have any experience with them or know of a good one? Also could use help finding the yr on my car ?
Medic5561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-26-2018, 09:54 AM   #2
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 4x4 conversion kits ?

What’s your serial number and model? Serial number should be under the dash.

Club Car DS driver’s club #59
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 10:00 AM   #3
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Is your cart gas or electric?
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 10:00 AM   #4
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

This is the electric section...

Club Car DS driver’s club #59
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 10:05 AM   #5
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Here are a couple options I have found:

https://www.silverwolfmotors.com/

http://www.renegadedistributing.com/prices.html
Old 09-26-2018, 01:26 PM   #6
Medic5561
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

It's electric and I'll look for the serial number when I get home. Do you guys think it's worth it to do the conversion kits or anyone have a better way of making it 4x4 or should I mess with it at all ?
Medic5561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 02:19 PM   #7
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medic5561 View Post
It's electric and I'll look for the serial number when I get home. Do you guys think it's worth it to do the conversion kits or anyone have a better way of making it 4x4 or should I mess with it at all ?
That's the question I am mulling over. I think I'm going to see how my cart performs as is. I'm going to install a winch, so in theory, I won't be stuck out anywhere. Then upgrade to limited slip differential. Cost is WAY less than the 4x4 options I posted before, and quite a few people have said the performance is good enough for most "off road" situations. Time will tell I guess...
Old 09-26-2018, 04:38 PM   #8
ag4ever
Gone Wild
Club Car

You might try half of the 4x4 kit, and see how the low range does.

http://imaginativemfg.com/imaginativemfg6_004.htm

If you still need 4x4, the second half of the kit can be purchased and installed.

That 2 speed axle has me really intrigued. get good top speed and get really good hill climb power. Truly best of both worlds. And it has a Limited Slip!

I think the rear axle alone is about $1500, the full 4x4 kit is about $3800.

The cheapest option is to sell it and buy either a BBB or a Polaris Ranger EV. Used Polaris Ranger EVs go for about $7,000 in texas. Used BBB go for about $5,000. The ranger is a MUCH better vehicle. Much more rugged than a golf car.
ag4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 09:20 PM   #9
UncleJerm76
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default 4x4 conversion kits ?

I got the 2-sp axle on my DS with the thinking that I would buy the 4x4 front end down the road. I didn’t get the limited slip, I ticked the checkbox for the optional upgraded manual diff lock. Here is my experience driving so far.

The low range is just insane. The low range with the manual diff locker option is crazy insane. The low range with the manual diff locker and D&D 19hp high tq motor is unstoppable crazy insane! Add a set of V-tread 25” tires and you literally can’t stop it, it’s a beast that will climb anything. Months later and now I feel the 4x4 output shaft on mine will never ever get used. There is already just so much weight on the back end that I’ve never lost traction since switching to this trans along with new tires. I just don’t think 4x4 is needed and can’t imagine a scenario where it would be ...well maybe if your a mud monkey? Then again that’s not really ideal for a sparky.

I don’t know what speeds we were running but with 25” tires and in “low” gear (with the components in my sig) it’s still faster than a fully stock DS on stock tires. I never even switch it to high anymore. I’m very glad I made the purchase. Your not just paying for 2 speeds and a diff lock. The entire axle and case is EXTREMELY well built and very heavy duty. More gussets, thicker metal, built in lift. More bolts where the axle meets the case ...It’s worth the money they are asking.

Seriously, don’t think twice about buying the 2-sp trans, it lives up to all the hype and the company that bought out Imaginative (Axle, Inc) is also incredible to work with. I would not hesitate for a second to buy from them again. I put them on par with my dealings with ScottyB - and that’s saying a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
UncleJerm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 06:46 PM   #10
ag4ever
Gone Wild
Club Car

Did you buy from renegade, or axle inc?

Whould you buy it without the 4x4 output if doing it again?

How smooth is it shifting from low to high while moving?
ag4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car