lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-16-2019, 05:53 AM   #31
Steve Kuczak
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Ez Go Marathon Not Working

Man I was excited to see all the new input on this thread this morning. So I picked up a different multimeter after work yesterday and retested the 2 wires coming from the pot. In reverse it showed 0 ohms at pedal up and went up to 2,500 ohms as I pushed the pedal all the way down. In forward it showed 6.2 ohms at pedal up and went crazy at pedal down. It was all over the place jumping as high as 14,000 ohms with the pedal down. What does this test tell me?

Also.. I'm fairly confident I have the wires hooked up correctly since I took a ton of pictures before taking everything apart and because it did work the 1 time. Another thing that happened is when I got the new FNR switch and installed it the cart worked perfectly (1 time) then wouldn't go in forward. I tried troubleshooting it for a couple weeks then the dealer agreed to swamp the switch out for a new one. I installed the new one and it did the same exact thing (worked once then only worked in reverse). As I stand I don't have forward or reverse (reverse stopped working when I found the corroded white wire from the FNR switch to the battery pack and reconnected it) in the cart but the solenoid is clicking.
Steve Kuczak is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-16-2019, 10:54 AM   #32
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Someone familiar with a pox box can hopefully explain how a pot works completely normal in reverse but goes batsh!t crazy in forward. Really sounds like something mechanical not doing what it's supposed to do, meaning if you simply replaced the old pot with a new one - not the pot box, but the pot, it might still give you fits. You can replace the whole pot box, but I hear that's expensive.

Does the pot rotate the same direction for both forward and reverse, and simply place a fixed resistor in parallel?
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 09:38 AM   #33
Steve Kuczak
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Just an update.. I ended up replacing the pot box with no changes. I have given up and taken the cart to a shop after replacing the FNR switch, controllor, and pot box. I will post the problem and solution that they find.
Old 05-13-2019, 08:29 AM   #34
Steve Kuczak
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Just a little closure on the issue. The shop spend 2 hours going through everything which was all hooked up right according to the tech. He ended up disconnecting the 2 wires to the micro switch responsible for half speed in reverse and everything magically started working. The only thing that doesn't work how it's supposed to is obviously the half speed in reverse feature which isn't a big deal to me. Hopefully this information is helpful to someone at some point. Thanks for all the troubleshooting help to everyone who chimed in!
-Steve
Old 05-21-2019, 09:21 PM   #35
JayWalk
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Glad you got it working Steve! Im fighting a marathon now as well. This thread has helped me alot and Im sure it will others as well!
JayWalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 11:30 PM   #36
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayWalk View Post
Glad you got it working Steve! Im fighting a marathon now as well. This thread has helped me alot and Im sure it will others as well!
Yes. That's what this place is all about.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO