lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-20-2019, 07:21 PM   #1
Troop
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Summit II hook up for series cart

I am trying to hook up an onboard Summit II charger on my 48 volt series cart which was converted from 36 volt just this week. I hooked the wires on the charger in configuration 2 from the manual which has red to +, black to -, and blue to lock out terminal 2. I was assuming that is correct and then I removed the wires from my charging receptacle, white from battery +, black from battery -, and red white which goes to my F&R. So from the new Summit I took the Black to bat -, red to bat +, and the blue I put on the F&R where the red white was. The cart was dead then. No solenoid click. I configured it back to original with the charging receptacle wires and it works. So my question is what is wrong do I need the blue wire on the Summit to be on temp sense terminal 1 instead of lockout terminal 2?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190620_195719.jpg (175.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20190620_195743.jpg (209.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20190620_201611.jpg (225.2 KB, 0 views)
Troop is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-21-2019, 07:59 AM   #2
OttyFields
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Summit II hook up for series cart

I think you are missing your 10K resistor like that in configuration 3 or 4 on file attached.
If you call Lester Electrical in Nebraska they have great customer support.
service@lesterelectrical.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Summit on board.JPG (109.4 KB, 0 views)
OttyFields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 12:38 PM   #3
Troop
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I just talked to Lester Electric tech support. Bill says he thinks the red white wire I have running to my F&R needs to have a 48V current to it. So he said just jump that to bat +. I will only need the red to + and white to - on the onboard charger so unhook the blue. Now will that turn off my lock out when charging the cart? Does the Alltrax SR48500 have a lock out connection that it could go to so it would stay intact? Or am I totally wrong in all of this?
Old 06-21-2019, 05:31 PM   #4
Troop
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I gave up. I just ordered D cord set from ScottyB.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO