lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-07-2012, 08:20 AM   #41
denrosesc
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Oil Additives (DO NOT USE)!!

What about SeaFoam in the oil?

I have a 1994 G9 that I just purchased, it's has a small loud ticking when its running, and does not seem to have a lot of power. It kinda dies on hills
denrosesc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-07-2012, 08:28 AM   #42
tew45
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

If Sea Foam is an oil additive, Don't use it! Pull the valve cover and check the condition of the rockers and try to adjust the valves.
tew45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:26 PM   #43
frankr2994
Not Yet Wild

seafoam is a engine oil flush treatment you can use it as long as your engine is packed full of sludge. you need to put it into a hot engine run it for a little bit and then change your oil. if your engine is all sludged up this will just break it all loose and plug a bunch more stuff up.
frankr2994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:33 PM   #44
tew45
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

OK if you do not run it in your oil!
Old 11-12-2012, 09:41 AM   #45
Big Mongo
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I read your posts about additives and the splash system. I am new to the carts and wanted to know if anyone has tried Marvel Mystery Oil as an additive? It is a light weight oil that you can add to the fuel and the oil systems to help keep the top end and lower end lubed.
Big Mongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:53 AM   #46
tew45
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

The oil you use keeps everything lubed very well. You don't need anything else!
Old 08-25-2013, 09:22 PM   #47
jbwnc
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Where is a good place to buy a Splash Plate for a JN5? I'm sure this cart had an additive added at some point.
jbwnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 08:22 PM   #48
Tinken
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Maybe the title should read; Oil additives are unnecessary?

When racing (not that you wish to race your golf cart, maybe you do) we use extra ep additives in our oils, but these are not typically found over-the-counter. The ep (extreme pressure) additives are a fail safe for us in case of metal to metal contact which would normally never occur. These are found in your oil from the manufacture, but are adjusted to safe EPA levels in order to keep catalytic converters working properly. For protecting at start-up, utilizing an oil such as 0W30 will yield outstanding results, but without the addition of external additives. If you wish to clean the sludge build up in your cart engine, simply change the oil and add a synthetic oil with an "SN" API certified oil such as Mobil1.
Tinken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 05:31 AM   #49
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Mobil 1 is what i use in everything.
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 05:37 PM   #50
sadtaco
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by spriddle View Post
I've been seeing too many recommendations from members to use this stuff (specifically Lucas). If you have a pump on your engine (engine will have a filter), then maybe just a drop or two but NEVER NEVER in a splash system engine.
Lucas is the worst thing you could add to a small engine. I used some stabilizer as an experiment on my 2002 Ducati Monster 750 (10% per Lucas recommendation) and I was unable to disengage the clutch even after warming up. Rode off down the street and was able to keep it in first gear and limp back home. Had to drain the oil right there and add new oil before going to work.
sadtaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha