lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-09-2019, 07:41 PM   #1
alchemy
Gone Wild

Default Advice on buying one or both of these

I'm looking to replace my worn out yamaha 36V just for zipping around the property. This is from an auction ad for this saturday about 2 hrs away. This auctioneer has quite a following and stuff usually goes high but. So far at auctions when they say good or new batteries it's not really the truth and unfortunately I end up being the only one who knows because I take my meter. What do you think? What are they?

"Two Club Car electric golf carts (Both new batteries)"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 565871447_fl.jpg (53.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 565871489_fl.jpg (46.6 KB, 0 views)
alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-09-2019, 09:09 PM   #2
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default Re: Advice on buying one or both of these

They are both Club Car DS models. Although they can be easily changed, the seats indicate the black one is about 2000 or older and the white one is 2000 or newer.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 09:52 PM   #3
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

The black one, judging by the body, is likely 1992 or older, which is a 36V resistor cart. They are both great to build but the white one is newer.
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 10:03 PM   #4
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeL View Post
The black one, judging by the body, is likely 1992 or older, which is a 36V resistor cart. They are both great to build but the white one is newer.
I thought perhaps so too Luke. But The seat on the black one (look at the sides) is a mixture of the old and new design as well as the steering wheel being newer.

And you are correct the lines of the body and the fender flare look like the older fiberglass body. But, I'm not sure enough to tell him that.

Also, a 1992 could very well be a controller cart.
Old 10-09-2019, 11:59 PM   #5
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

It appears the the white one has a 48v plug on it. If that it true, its a no-brainer to go with that one if the cost is good.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 04:13 AM   #6
alchemy
Gone Wild

you guys are great! I need to check craigslist too to see if prices came down. They seemed awful high earlier this year when I checked and I was wondering if they come down like seasonal vehicles. It wouldn't surprise me at his auctions and in that area they don't go stupid high. I really don't want to pay over say 1100 since that's what I paid for my G16E and G16A. I'm guessing maybe 1600 is about right? New batteries? If so, maybe, and then I also have golf carts coming out the ears all the sudden, lol, for me anyway. My G16E, my favorite for zipping around and using looks like it's been in a demo derby now after all the abuse. The gas one, well it's gas for one, which limits how I like to use them, and I can't get it running right. Floods the engine no matter what. My new to me carryall is not good for the rugged part of the property which is mainly where I drive.
Oh, and don't ever use calcium chloride over gravel and mud. It ruined about everything underneath two of my trucks and the G16E from a relatively short period. It "makes" more mud too in the winter.
Old 10-12-2019, 07:26 PM   #7
alchemy
Gone Wild

black one went for 1200, spray painted black, batteries did appear new (rural king), 36V 8-2019, the pack was 38.1, came with lester charger

the white one 1800, pack read 49.5, said a new charger would go with it but wouldn't get there til tomorrow or monday , same batteries, looked new, rural king, seat torn
Old 10-12-2019, 08:43 PM   #8
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

You never know what is going to happen at an auction, but I would say that is about what they would bring at auction around here. I would say both of them were decent buys with new batteries and chargers included.
Old 10-13-2019, 10:26 AM   #9
alchemy
Gone Wild

It was cold and rain in the morning so I expected a low show and low bids which was the case, so much that I felt sorry for the owner. I was 45 min late and only number 75. This guy usually gets 300 and more. I never saw this guy selling boxes for a dollar before. There was a lot of bigger stuff I wanted that went stupid cheap but I avoided because I didn't take the trailer and the cart would take up the truck bed. I did get some great deals on smaller stuff. There was a big industrial loader tractor for 3500 I should have got. Except for that the tractors, equip. etc. went pretty high. That was probably what the 75 were there for. Someone showed up in a nice newer custom lifted club car who was probably the one who bought the 48V one, maybe one of you guys, lol
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car