lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-24-2020, 06:08 PM   #1
Clifford04
Not Yet Wild

Default Throwing code-Navitas controller

2013 RXV. I’m getting this fault code that just started.

Last weekend I put the radio on a switch to turn it off. I don’t know if this has anything to do with this error, but it was working before I did this.
I disconnected the switch and it’s still doing it.

Just to clarify-when I go forward/reverse it BARELY moves. I cant get enough pump to even get it in the garage so there’s that.

I tried researching the code and can’t seem to find anything on what it means or how to fix it. Any suggestions/thoughts on how to go about?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg C2BDE5D8-3458-421C-8796-3DD6E75D052C.jpg (37.1 KB, 0 views)
Clifford04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-24-2020, 06:19 PM   #2
molfpedal
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Throwing code-Navitas controller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifford04 View Post
2013 RXV. I’m getting this fault code that just started.

Last weekend I put the radio on a switch to turn it off. I don’t know if this has anything to do with this error, but it was working before I did this.
I disconnected the switch and it’s still doing it.

I tried researching the code and can’t seem to find anything on what it means or how to fix it. Any suggestions/thoughts on how to go about?

That code is for your motor temperature. If the motor is not hot, it is likely that the motor temperature sensor has failed. If you have access to a non contact temp sensor you can check it.
You should also contact Navitas @ 844-576-1645. They are very willing to assist. If you are under warranty they will act swiftly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
molfpedal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 06:29 PM   #3
Clifford04
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by molfpedal View Post
That code is for your motor temperature. If the motor is not hot, it is likely that the motor temperature sensor has failed. If you have access to a non contact temp sensor you can check it.
You should also contact Navitas @ 844-576-1645. They are very willing to assist. If you are under warranty they will act swiftly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you very much for this information! It more than likely isn’t under warranty as I bought it he entire cart second hand. Is this a replaceable part that you’re aware of or an easy fix?
Old 06-24-2020, 06:53 PM   #4
molfpedal
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Thank you very much for this information! It more than likely isn’t under warranty as I bought it he entire cart second hand. Is this a replaceable part that you’re aware of or an easy fix?
By cgtech in this thread: https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/newr...eply&p=1733951
"The problem is that the sensor is inside the motor windings and is not replaceable seperately. i think the ohm values are 400ohm hot, 1300ohm cold. when sensor fails, it usually shorts to 0 ohm, controller thinks motor is hotter than the sun & goes into limp mode.. if you wanted to be sneaky, you could just jam a 700ohm resistor into the temp sensor plug to fool the controller into thinking the motor temp is bueno."

There is also the possibility that when you put the switch in you could have damaged the temp sensor lead from the motor to the controller.
molfpedal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 07:06 AM   #5
Clifford04
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by molfpedal View Post
By cgtech in this thread: https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/newr...eply&p=1733951
"The problem is that the sensor is inside the motor windings and is not replaceable seperately. i think the ohm values are 400ohm hot, 1300ohm cold. when sensor fails, it usually shorts to 0 ohm, controller thinks motor is hotter than the sun & goes into limp mode.. if you wanted to be sneaky, you could just jam a 700ohm resistor into the temp sensor plug to fool the controller into thinking the motor temp is bueno."

There is also the possibility that when you put the switch in you could have damaged the temp sensor lead from the motor to the controller.
May have been a bad assumption here then. I tapped into the negative from the volt meter display...not sure how that ties into everything, but could that be what messed it up? I’m going to call Navitas and see what they say today.
Old 06-25-2020, 03:03 PM   #6
rngilliland
Gone Wild

Not sure if its different with a Navitas controller but every post that says they tapped into or even probed the RXV voltmeter connector ends with a fried controller.
rngilliland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 04:46 PM   #7
Clifford04
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rngilliland View Post
Not sure if its different with a Navitas controller but every post that says they tapped into or even probed the RXV voltmeter connector ends with a fried controller.
I talked to a guy at Navitas today and we did some diagnostics. He believes the temp sensor is shot. I really hope that’s it. The cost difference seems to be quite a few bucks.
Old 06-25-2020, 11:14 PM   #8
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
I talked to a guy at Navitas today and we did some diagnostics. He believes the temp sensor is shot. I really hope that’s it. The cost difference seems to be quite a few bucks.
Temperature sensors rarely fail...
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 06:31 AM   #9
Clifford04
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
Temperature sensors rarely fail...
Oh boy....sounds like the $1000 option is coming up. It doesn’t appear hard to install. Anything crazy about it if The configurations are already in there or does it need to be redone? Not the greatest news. I’m reaching out for further diagnosing today just to confirm. Still hopeful!
Old 06-26-2020, 08:41 AM   #10
Ghost407
Not Yet Wild

I just installed a brand new Tac2 on my 09 RXV last night and it is throwing the same code. Please let me know what you figure out on it.
Ghost407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO