lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-06-2021, 09:15 AM   #21
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Help Identify Club Car (40v?)

I won the auction and have since picked up the cart.

It is indeed a 72v cart with another 4 8v batteries hiding under the front seat. It has been converted to EV from gas. Based on my limited knowledge, it seems like the original rear axel is still present as the motor is coupled to it via a belt, same as the gas engine would have been. The forward/reverse selector is linked via mechanical cable to the rear gearbox/diff.

The controller is a Curtis 1221b-6201 and the motor is a K91-4003 (6kW continuous and 16.5kW peak @ 72v)

It is not running at the moment but does anyone know what sort of speed and acceleration I should expect. I will try to get a photograph of the motor coupling belt and pulleys soon.

Cheers
Pat.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 523FC0AE-5406-4A48-BFE5-DA76345A89F0.jpg (218.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 7676DBF7-B176-4FE1-B071-90A78CA07301.jpg (245.8 KB, 0 views)
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-06-2021, 12:19 PM   #22
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

500a controller is nice! Hopefully you can get it running soon. :)
Wakko47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 01:30 PM   #23
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Nobody Can really say what speeds to expect from that setup. Better than gas I’m sure, but you have a lot of different variables from rated motor rpm, to belt/pulley ratio, and final drive ratio.

Find out the motor ratings and do some math on the ratios and you might be able to get a close idea.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 04:09 PM   #24
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Yea, didn’t think that was going to be an easy question to answer without much more information but I thought I would put it out there anyhow. :)

Hopefully it’s just the batteries that need replacing but I’ve noticed the electrical system is a little messed up with missing relays and bare wires so I’ll have to go through the whole system.

It’s going to get a Lithium conversion so I’ll go through the electrical at the same time.

Cheers
Pat.
Old 02-07-2021, 04:26 PM   #25
HeatWave
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat911 View Post
Yea, didn’t think that was going to be an easy question to answer without much more information but I thought I would put it out there anyhow. :)

Hopefully it’s just the batteries that need replacing but I’ve noticed the electrical system is a little messed up with missing relays and bare wires so I’ll have to go through the whole system.

It’s going to get a Lithium conversion so I’ll go through the electrical at the same time.

Cheers
Pat.
If you're going to put that much into it, you might consider changing the Differential to one out of an Electric Cart, do away with the pully set-up
HeatWave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 05:36 PM   #26
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Hi Heatwave,

I was thinking that too. Don’t know if I can directly couple the existing motor to an electric diff though. Will see how I go with this setup as changing over the diff may prove very expensive if a new motor is required.

Cheers
Pat.
Old 02-07-2021, 05:39 PM   #27
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

What would be the right loadout of lithium for a cart like this? He can get 72v packs, no?
Wakko47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 06:24 PM   #28
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

I will be a home built Nissan Leaf setup.

Still deciding on a 9 module 18S setup at 75.6v max, 63v min or 10 module 20S setup at 84v max 70v min. An FLA setup would be providing around 79-80v max when fully charged.

I've asked the question in another thread as to whether the Curtis 1226B-6601 can sustain a maximum B+ voltage of 84v but haven't got a definitive answer yet. The motor is good for at least 96v

Cheers
Pat.
Old 02-07-2021, 08:04 PM   #29
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

I think with the right coupling that motor could be mounted to an electric axle, but the electric axle will be just as expensive as another motor.
You have some options for tuning the cart performance by changing the pulleys on the motor and trans input shaft if you need more or less torque or speed.

You can also mess with people and ride around with the cart shifter in Reverse while you drive forward. Or vice versa
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car