lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-23-2010, 06:56 PM   #1
goofymaz
Gone Wild

Default my battery reading

hey yall! its that time of the month again! :D checked my batteries and im wondering what the experts advice is on my voltmeter and SG readings this month! i know my batteries are ending their life i think but im curious what you think!
besides these readings i get about 27 holes of golf out of these batteries! i believe i have 2 bad batts but well see.........

Battery 1= 6.33V, about 1.280SG
battery 2= 6.32V, about 1.300SG
battery 3= 6.36V, about 1.275SG
battery 4= 6.14V, about 1.225SG
battery 5= 6.28V, about 1.275SG
battery 6= 6.30V, about 1.275SG

thanks for your thoughts! im new to all this! from what i gather batter 4 is just about out the door at about 50% life and battery 5 is right behind it at 75% the others i believe are ok ccurious what you all think
Attached Images
File Type: jpg chart.jpg (100.0 KB, 7 views)
goofymaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-23-2010, 07:24 PM   #2
rib33024

Default Re: my battery reading

Is the chart you were looking at--how old are they=And how long did you let them sit after you charged them before the readings you took

rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 07:37 PM   #3
goofymaz
Gone Wild

that was not the chart i was looking at thank you! the batteries charged then the cart sat unused for 2 days before i tested the batteries!
Old 04-23-2010, 07:39 PM   #4
goofymaz
Gone Wild

the batteries are 2005's i believe! the neg terminal says G5 on the trojans on battery was replaced due to carosion so it is new! i know what everyone says about replacing them all but i had one shot battery and couldnt run the cart without it so i just grabbed one for the time being!
Old 04-23-2010, 07:39 PM   #5
goofymaz
Gone Wild

what is your opinion on the readings?
Old 04-23-2010, 09:41 PM   #6
goofymaz
Gone Wild

so should i replace the 2 batteries in question or just ride it as is and replace the entire pack once the others die down?
Old 04-24-2010, 09:30 AM   #7
hitmanharleyk
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

1st thing you need to do is charge the pack, then wait a 1 1/2 or 2 hours (not 2 or 3 days) to test the batteries and post those readings.

Have you tried charging battery 5 by itself to bring it up to the level of the others ?

You need to run to Walmart or Autozone and get one of these, it will tell you if you have a dead cell or not.
http://www.restockit.com/Hydrometer-...filiateprogram

#4 looks shot and it is pulling the others down and I know most folks say change them all at once, but $600 plus dollars is hard for most to fork out. If you can find one cheap I'd replace it and get as much as I can out of the rest of them. They won't last long pulling the extra weight of the dead one.
hitmanharleyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 09:45 AM   #8
FIXEROFCARTS
Gone Wild

If you could find a good used battrey, you could replace number 4...But...at what point do you bite the bullet and change all of them? with 4 to 7 years normal life of a battery you need to concider your options.
FIXEROFCARTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO