lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-04-2014, 03:58 PM   #421
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: RXV Auto-Brake Problem III

Why not?
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-07-2014, 07:13 PM   #422
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Well I know what I'm staying away from...Good thread..,
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 05:58 PM   #423
cartboy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Why not?
I had to, look back and see why not what?

Our main issue is safety. We have very steep, fairly long, and somewhat curvey cart paths. We have had a "trail" gas E Z Go and ten gas Yamahas, and they all get going way too fast. Then you have the hill brake issue, what happens when it does not get set.

Then, uphill they are slow, and they are always noisy and smelly.

So, with all the problems with the RXVs, we almost have to have the autobrake.
cartboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 06:00 PM   #424
cartboy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by usgicollector View Post
Well I know what I'm staying away from...Good thread..,
Thanks.

It was a rough start here, as it can be when you are new on a forum, but not as rough as the forum that banned me.
Old 05-12-2014, 06:06 PM   #425
cartboy
Gone Wild

To summarize our battery issues . . .

I have been in charge of two fleets of RXVs now, '08s and '12s.

Both fleets began exhibiting battery issues in their second year.

Early in their third years, massive battery failures occurred in both fleets, well within the battery warranty period.

Both fleets exhibited problems with the battery auto-fill systems, valves not closing or closing too early. Two different brands of auto-fills.

The '08s had Trojan batteries and the '12s have US Battery batteries.

Having learned from the '08 experience, we (and the manufacturers) are on top of it this time. Out of 65 carts, the most we have had in timeout has been 15.
Old 05-12-2014, 06:37 PM   #426
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartboy View Post
Thanks.

It was a rough start here, as it can be when you are new on a forum, but not as rough as the forum that banned me.
You've only been banned from "one" forum? You're not trying hard enough. I've been banned from lotsa forums.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 05:30 PM   #427
cartboy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
You've only been banned from "one" forum? You're not trying hard enough. I've been banned from lotsa forums.

and a few time-outs

Old 06-02-2014, 03:14 PM   #428
cartboy
Gone Wild

No new news. Same old news. Seven carts down, four needing batteries.

Tying into the auto-fill issues, I service batteries last Tuesday and had 12 valves failures, cells overflowed.

Two days later two of those carts were a red-flashing charger hot battery fault. All four batteries in both carts were replaced.
Old 06-02-2014, 07:09 PM   #429
phnguyk
Getting Wild

So early years had problems with the brakes. That was rectified in 2010, it's now 2014. And the autofill is another problem that not an EZ Go problem. Batteries failing? Because it's an RXV? Nope. I'm more than happy with my 2010, even with all this negativity, and they're selling quite well.
phnguyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 05:58 PM   #430
cartboy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by phnguyk View Post
So early years had problems with the brakes. That was rectified in 2010, it's now 2014. And the autofill is another problem that not an EZ Go problem. Batteries failing? Because it's an RXV? Nope. I'm more than happy with my 2010, even with all this negativity, and they're selling quite well.
I'm glad you like yours, and obviously not everyone has all the problems we've had, or the RXV would have been history long ago.

The solenoids are not dropping like flies like the first ones in 08, but they still fail.

Trojan batteries lasted two years, about 15000 AH, in our 08 fleet and the US Batteries the same, two years, 15000 AH m/l.

The 08s had the previous brand autofills and were not reliable, and the 12s have the Flow Rites, and are not reliable. Flow Rites were not reliable in the Club Car fleet I handled in Florida. Granted, those are different manufacturers, but it is the cart manufacturer's dealers and techs that have the responsibility to make sure they work. The autofill companies' literature specifically says that only qualified techs are to mess with them, and that literature promotes them as self-contained and maintenance-free for the users.

Most of the 1-piece signholders that came on the 12s were toast long ago. Most of our windshield grommets have failed and we have added a "retainer" washer to them. Many of the black plastic rivet-type retainers have fallen out. We just replaced a broken restraints. We have a lot of broken bumpers. We did on the 08s, too. We just keep cobbling carts back together.

I doubt that anyone, anywhere, has documented the RXV in golf course use more diligently than right here in this thread.

All that said, we are now getting the support from the manufacturers involved the last two years that we did not get the first four. They are very aware of the problems we've had and are not disputing anything. We get new batteries every week, however many are needed. The manufacturer tests them, and they are bad. I offered to give my 2 cents on that, by starting a battery thread, but there does not seem to be much interest.

In 2011, 1/2 of our 60 carts could not go out on the course. Without the support we are now getting, we would be in the same fix now with our 2012s. Anyone can see from this thread that since March we have had anywhere from 4 to 15 carts out of service, and that by now our entire fleet would have been toast without the support we are receiving.

But, a single cart owned by a single person, or put one on flat Florida course, and I believe they would be much less trouble.

I am getting to the opinion that when it comes to golf course fleets, simpler is better.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO