lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-06-2010, 03:55 PM   #1
BamaDozier
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Accelerator pedal woes...

Okay... I have been stalking the forum lately, but haven't jumped into any conversations as I don't have much to offer in knowledge and couldn't think of anything funny... But, I'm having a problem of my own here lately and wanted to ask some opinions... Here goes... When I first pimped out my cart if you so much as sneezed on the pedal it would snap your head back... Now I have to push it in about an inch to two inches to get a response. It still runs great and seems to have the same top end, but I feel as though it may not be quite as torquey. Seems to have a little slop in the pedal that wasn't there before... Any thoughts?
BamaDozier is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-06-2010, 04:56 PM   #2
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Accelerator pedal woes...

There could be several reasons why you are loosing torque and #1 is batterys? You have a heavy load with PQ motor, 23" tires, 6" Lift and maybe a rear seat, etc on batterys that can shorten life considerably? Do you still have original batterys and if they 12 volt they would be 4 years old and that is beyond normal life? If they are 8 volt batterys again they could be starting to get weak? Check all 4 guage cables for good clean connections ( I am assuming that you have "ALL" 6 guage cables replaced by 4 guage?? ) and then check each batterys voltage and then total pack voltage, then check specific gravity of each cell ( see STICKIES under "STATE OF CHARGE READINGS" to confirm your batterys conditions. If still in doubt have a load test done on each battery.
#2 It is common for the pot metal type material in MCOR linkage to wear enough to slow CC Precedent down. ( It really only takes a few thousands play to slow travel on MCOR )I would check first the linkage for too much slack and then there is the MCOR itself as it could be getting worn internally? The MCOR is located under passenger side of pedal group.
Hope this helps?
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 02:30 PM   #3
BamaDozier
Getting Wild

Club Car

Thanks Old Mec... Batteries are 08' and in great shape. I am guessing it is gonna be the linkage or MCOR itself... I will get ta investigating...
BamaDozier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 03:00 PM   #4
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Pm sent
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car