lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-15-2008, 06:55 PM   #21
buckmanmike
Gone Wild

Default Re: 70's 36 volt problem

I thought all older ezgos had the motor 90* to axle. His is parallel to axle. looks like newer than the seventys to me.
buckmanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-15-2008, 06:58 PM   #22
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Hmmm....I'm thinking he is right.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 03:23 PM   #23
napalaz
Gone Wild

correct but that body style is in 70's and the way the motor and axle sit is in the newer carts that's why I'm thinking that is a frankenstein project also the resister pack has been moved in the 70's they had them on the drivers side behind the bats on the newer ones they had them behind the solenoid in the middle when you change the motor from vertical to horizontal you need to raise the body and relocate the resister pack I put mine in the same place but in the bottom I originally had it in same place but I was scared they would set the seat on fire or melt the bat casings Ill take some pics when I get a chance and post so you could see what I'm talking about

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckmanmike View Post
I thought all older ezgos had the motor 90* to axle. His is parallel to axle. looks like newer than the seventys to me.
napalaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 06:17 PM   #24
rrjr
Not Yet Wild

It's alive!! I finally got it to run. After replacing almost every wire connector and charging every battery one at a time with a six volt charger, then using my 36 volt charger until it completed a charge cycle and shut it self off it still wouldn't move. I gave up for a couple of days and when I went back to try again I checked the water level in the batteries. I found 1 that wasn't low but had some silver looking film floating on the top of the water. I guess it was lead? Anyways I replaced it and hooked up charger again. Next day I went out turned on the key, stepped on the pedal and away it went! Good thing I had it in reverse or I would've crashed through the wall into the house. Thanks for the help. I'm still confused by the way my cart is wired. It's totally different from any wiring diagram that I've been able to find. When I checked the voltage across the resistor coils with the key in the off position I get a reading that matches what the battery pack voltage reads. Should the coils be receiving voltage with the key off? Also with no wire going from the resistor coils to the motor how do the coils get cut out of the loop at full throttle?
Thanks
rrjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 07:03 PM   #25
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

NO! No. No....voltage with the key off. No volts to coils until you step on the peddle! How did you wire the micro switch at the throttle? Also your coil could be fried open.
I don't think you got the right wiring diagram...can you post the diagram you are using? Or pics of your wiring......sounds like several things wrong.....
Old 03-19-2008, 12:09 AM   #26
rrjr
Not Yet Wild

When I've replaced or repaired a wire connection I've done one wire at a time and reconnected exactly as it was. I don't have a wiring diagram and had I not had the problem with the bad battery I never would have thought there was a problem with the way it is wired because it has been working fine for the year that I've owned it. None of the wiring diagrams that I've been able to find show a system wired like mine. On the speed control board that has the 4 contacts with wires numbered 1 thru 4 that go to the resistor coils the #4 contact has also has a wire that goes to a connection on the f/r switch and the #2 contact has a wire that goes to the big post on the positive side of the solenoid. I'll take more pictures and post tomorrow.
Old 03-19-2008, 06:55 AM   #27
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

There are alot of ways to skin a cat. Sounds like you have a 1 solenoid system. Anyway just cause you followed the "original" wiring doesn't mean the orig. was correct. You are describbing some dangerous problems in the previous post. How about a look at the diagram your working with? Can you tell me where to find it? A link?

Perhaps as with my early Melex (an ezgo copy), I picked a diagram that was closest to mine and made the cart wiring look like the picture. Problem solved.

Just reread your post and see that you have decided to rewire without a diagram.....what year and model cart do you have? You have a series cart with one solenoid correct? There are some diagrams at the beginning of this section.

Old 03-19-2008, 08:42 AM   #28
rrjr
Not Yet Wild

I have no clue what the year and model it is. No id tags on cart. One solenoid, resistor coils. The guy I got it from said it was an ezgo but he didn't know what year it was. I've had it for almost a year and have had no problems using it like it's currently wired. No wiring diagram I've been able to find is even close to how mine is wired. Can you tell from the pictures I previously posted what model it is?
Old 03-19-2008, 08:50 AM   #29
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrjr View Post
I have no clue what the year and model it is. No id tags on cart. One solenoid, resistor coils. The guy I got it from said it was an ezgo but he didn't know what year it was. I've had it for almost a year and have had no problems using it like it's currently wired. No wiring diagram I've been able to find is even close to how mine is wired. Can you tell from the pictures I previously posted what model it is?
the wiring diagrams posted in the stickies at the begining of this section are for all of the basic types of ezgo.....You need to find one that closely resembles what you have or go to CC or Yamaha or ...we really can't have this discussion until you find the diagram, without us seeing the diagram or pics of what you are looking at..still think you may have a solenoid burnt openor wired wrong. Have you checked that? Good luck!
Old 03-31-2008, 10:07 AM   #30
MotoRider420
Gone Wild

Cool Re: 70's 36 volt problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrjr View Post
Even more pics!
It might not be the issue, but your wires are seriously fed up, you need new ones, that is really dangerous... One spark could blow up a battery...

On that note, it sounds like your batteries are bad, or they are dead because you let it sit too long... A good car charger has a desulfication mode, but only do that outside, or the sulpher gas will get caught in the compartment, and BOOM!!!

(It happened to me..., very large explosion, disintegrated the battery... all my cables looked like yours... I have a 70s model too)
MotoRider420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO