lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-18-2008, 04:40 PM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Why wont my charger come on?

I'm always skeptical with batteries that have been taken so low....permanent damage results especially if they are left in a discharged state for some time.

I think some one could write a 'stickie' on battery care and recovery for roady to stick at the top of each electric cart section.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-18-2008, 11:07 PM   #12
eznogo
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Charged Batteries With Car Charger,then Attached Cart Charger,it Finally Came On!does This Mean The Charger Is Working Right?will The Charger Go Off When It Is Supposed To Since It Would Not Come On Until It Read That The Batteries Were There?new To Carts Nervous About Going To Sleep With It Plugged In Not Knowing Nothing About The Cart!
eznogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 11:47 PM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I hear ya! Let it run till you go bed and finish charging tomorrow.
If a battery is bad it may not turn off!
Old 06-18-2008, 11:48 PM   #14
TucsonDirect
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by eznogo View Post
Charged Batteries With Car Charger,then Attached Cart Charger,it Finally Came On!does This Mean The Charger Is Working Right?will The Charger Go Off When It Is Supposed To Since It Would Not Come On Until It Read That The Batteries Were There?new To Carts Nervous About Going To Sleep With It Plugged In Not Knowing Nothing About The Cart!
yes the charger should shut off on its own when the batts reach a peak voltage naturally they will drop once they settle down but with ther newer charger that you have it shouldnt be a problem to leave it plugged in!
TucsonDirect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 11:50 PM   #15
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I appears the charger is working , but you can monitor it to be sure. It may be a case of better safe than sorry. If you can check the battery pack 30 minutes after you shut it off and then again in the AM. This pack could take 5-6 hours to fully charge?
Old 06-18-2008, 11:51 PM   #16
eznogo
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks,going To Bed Now!i'll Find Out In The Morning If The Batteries Take A Good Charge!
Old 06-20-2008, 01:51 PM   #17
eznogo
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

BATTERIES TOOK A CHARGE!MY KIDS RODE IT ALL EVENING YESTERDAY!WORKS GREAT!JUST OUT OF COURISITY WHAT SHOULD MY TOTAL VOLTS WITH 6 FULLY CHARGED BATTERIES BE?THANKS FOR ALL YALLS HELP IT PAID OFF WITH THE LOOK ON THE KIDS FACES!
Old 06-20-2008, 04:05 PM   #18
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Your electrical tank is empty at 36 volts. Fully charged can be as high as 45v but, more likely will read 40 to 42 plus.
Old 06-20-2008, 04:20 PM   #19
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Your electrical tank is empty at 36 volts. Fully charged can be as high as 45v but, more likely will read 40 to 42 plus.
I'm not flaming here but I want some of whatever batteries are reading 40-42 after settling. I've been through countless sets of T105 and T145 Trojans (arguably the best GC battery out there) and for the life of me, I don't see those kind of voltages except within hour(s) of charge cycle completing using a very good solid state charger. I generally see 38.6 low side to 39.4 high side on a freshly charged 36v pack. The only time I see 42v + is during charge cycle and immediately afterwards and the voltage is on its way down.

What's your secret? Inquiring minds want to know.
pggroves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 06:00 PM   #20
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

100% charge = 6.37vdc X 6 = 38.22vdc for a fully charged pack.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO