lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Golf Cart Racing
Golf Cart Racing Buggies Gone Wild Racing League

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-12-2012, 08:44 PM   #21
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Wink Re: Best battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by LV2CAMP View Post
i have been running 8 t-105's for 35 months with no problems and darn good run time. i had an opportunity to sell my trojans so i did. this past weekend i installed 6 new us 8vgchc blue tops. i was hoping the loss of 125lbs would compensate for the less run time and so on. long story short it did not. my holeshot is now unacceptable due to more voltage drop and after a 1 mile run i lose 3 volts from my pack.(before i could ride all day and still be over 50 volts) i am very upset with myself.will the batteries get better after 10 good cycles ? (i read that somewhere) should i trade my battery guy for 875's ??? i don't know what to do at this point. another reason i switched is i am wanting to paint the cart and i don't want 2 batteries riding in the bagwell with a pretty new paint job.
I would go with the 6-8 volts if you don't want 2 of them in the bagwell. Either US battery are Trojans.
I don't know what a blue top is but anytime you go from 8-6volts to 6-8volts you are going to loose run time. There just isn't anyway around it. Less lead and acid in 6 compared to 8.
As far as best racing battery ODYSSEY, is the best I have seen so far in my opinion.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-13-2012, 11:39 AM   #22
LV2CAMP
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Best battery

i recently 86'ed the flip flop rear seat for a 24x36 aluminum bed. so i have lost roughly 200lbs total and i now don't have the option for hauling 2 extra folks. i took my normal hot lap last night and i am pretty satisfied with losing 1.8 tenths per battery. gained back 1 tenth per bettery overnight and stuck the charger to it this am.for now i will live with the 8 volters and hope it will suit my needs. the us 8vgchc is the highest capacity 8v us has to offer and they have blue lids instead of red.
happy carting gentlemen!!!
adam
LV2CAMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:08 PM   #23
mtwain69
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy4639 View Post
Word is around these parts Trojan has sold out. I was over at the local battery wharehouse last week and that's what they told me.

You may need to get a high speed motor if you want a stock Club Car to get up to 30-35 MPH. The 500amp controller will do nothing for top end. It will help the torque if you have bigger tires. I have been using the US batteries now for a year in all my projects and haven't had the first one come back yet... knock on wood.

PS
The battery is no better than how well you take care of it.

A $600.00 set isn't going to out perform a $300.00 set if they aren't took care of.
AMEN to that
mtwain69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 03:25 PM   #24
johnk4jmk
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Man all i know to say is whatever battery you get take care of them,I am running 6-8v interstate's was new in 09 and i still ride 15-20 mile rides atleast 2-3 times a week and always have,I dont look to change batterys for another year or so have to see what this summer brings.KEEP A CHECK ON THAT WATER(distilled).and charge every time after riding dont care if its 15 minutes,plug that baby up!!!!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg golf cart 001.JPG (168.3 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by johnk4jmk; 06-01-2014 at 03:27 PM.. Reason: spelling
johnk4jmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Golf Cart Racing