lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-26-2008, 07:12 AM   #1
jdgbwg
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 98 EZGO and lighting problem

new to the golf cart world. Have a place on Lake Erie and bouht a cart ti get around. Custom paint and graphics. Thought i would install lights. Big Mistake!! Not very handy with electric stuff. Electric cart and wired up just like a car. Blew everything. BOth lights. I know why but not sure how to proberly do next set. Any help would be apprciated!!------Tks in advance---------JDGBWG
jdgbwg is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-26-2008, 08:55 AM   #2
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Default Re: 98 EZGO and lighting problem

Welcome to the forum jdgbwg............................

Pick out 2 of your 6 volt batteries and thats your 12 volts for your lights. Use 2 seperate wires for the 12 volt positive and minus (or ground) and wah-lah!
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 09:23 AM   #3
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdgbwg View Post
new to the golf cart world. Have a place on Lake Erie and bouht a cart ti get around. Custom paint and graphics. Thought i would install lights. Big Mistake!! Not very handy with electric stuff. Electric cart and wired up just like a car. Blew everything. BOth lights. I know why but not sure how to proberly do next set. Any help would be apprciated!!------Tks in advance---------JDGBWG
Sorry you had to learn a valuable(expensive) lesson about no frame ground on a sparkie.....

As rusty says, always reference ground to negative side of battery. Two adjacent batteries in series gets you 12v. Always use a DVM to confirm everything BEFORE connecting the load!

Good luck sir and
pggroves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 03:55 PM   #4
jdgbwg
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Works fine when i'm helped by people who know what there doing. Thanks all
Got them wired and working fine. I tried wireing in a set of strip lights to the driving lights and couldn't get them to work. They work when you touch them to the positive and negative on the battery but dont when you wire them to the existing driving lights. Tks again for all your help---jdgbwg
jdgbwg is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO