lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-24-2022, 08:55 PM   #1
Bustinbeards
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Barn finds

I came across a deal on 2 carts. I have a gas Jacobsen hauler 1200 and was not really looking for another cart but just couldn’t pass up the deal. Lol they are both barn finds and have sat for a while. I paid 1300$ for both carts. Both are 36volts and each came with a fairly new charger. The silver one has 6 6V batteries and needs tires but when put on the charger it held a charge and works. Rode it around the yard a bit. the black is a 2005 and doesn’t have any batteries but the fella I bought them from said it originally had 6 6V but he had used it with 3 12V batteries. I’m trying to decide what to do with them. I was going to get 6 6V for the black one and since it has a flip seat on the back maybe put a lift controller and motor on it and hunt with it. The silver one I’m thinking of just cleaning up seeing if the batteries are good enough and selling.

So here I am asking the experts. What would you do with these.

The black one cleaned up nicely. I will go back and pick up the silver one tomorrow and clean it up and assess what it needs to get it right.

TIA for any advice.
Bustinbeards is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-24-2022, 09:05 PM   #2
Bustinbeards
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Barn finds

Here is a pic of the chargers.
Old 09-25-2022, 12:19 AM   #3
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

The silver one is a much older cart and looks to be a Medalist. The first thing i would do is find a complete TXT body and it will fit straight on, this will bring the visual of the cart up to more modern looks. The later TXT would likely be the one to keep if it is a 2005 and the steering and front axle suggests the date is good. This is the higher value cart.

The Medalist looks to be a good solid cart and if mechanically sound, It would probably fetch a higher flip price if you changed the body and would give you a profitable return on your investment.

If you can remove the metal body without damage, you should be able to get a good price just for those panels alone.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 06:03 AM   #4
Capt. Lenny
Born to be Wild

E-Z-GO

Before you spend any money at all, evaluate the condition of the frame, especially the area right behind the front tires. This area is rust prone due to poor design by EZGO.
Capt. Lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 07:00 AM   #5
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

damnnn those are some large pics
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 07:02 AM   #6
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Here’s an example of that rust behind the front wheels.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7F1CC6E3-325C-4D92-AA27-5AEFE8FB7DEA.jpg (292.9 KB, 0 views)
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 07:08 AM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Good find and bought right
The medalist may be series or DCS drive.
You should be able to sell one to pay for both.
If it was me I would put 48v in the 05 Series cart with an Alltrax upgrade and a Lester charger.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 09:00 PM   #8
Bustinbeards
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Picked up the silver one today, it is a 94 and batteries do hold a charge to ride it around a bit. But I’m Still trying to decide exactly what I want to do with them.
Old 09-26-2022, 08:07 AM   #9
jasonojordan
Gone Wild

Club Car

Jealous of the fold down storage rack/seat on the one. I would like something like that for my club car!
jasonojordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO