lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-16-2010, 01:32 PM   #1
fivestarranger
Not Yet Wild

Default 1984 ezgo 2 stroke?

Hey everyone,
I just picked up my first cart last night. It's a 1984 ezgo and it was given to me by a buddy. It ran about a year ago but since has sat. I noticed it was missing a bolt that looks like its supposed to hold on a oil line to the motor right behind carb. Is this a special bolt that I will be able to order somewhere? If not is it possible to block of the oil pump and just use premixed gas? If so what would be a safe oil to gas ratio?
I'm planning on getting a new battery, fresh gas and a new plug before I attempt to get it started. Is there anything else I should add to the list to get this thing going? Can you buy high performance air filters? Whats the best place to buy tires to accomidate 4" lift? Rear seat kit?

As you can tell I have lots of questions and Im eager to get this thing going. Thanks for the help! Eric
fivestarranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-16-2010, 02:01 PM   #2
ruredy
Born Wild

Default Re: 1984 ezgo 2 stroke?

yea, block off those lines and holes and run premixed 1.5oz per gal to start with. you can lesson the mix some if everything seems to be working out but that amount is what ezgo calls for with heavy use, light use is 1oz per gal. there's lots of places that sell things, take a look at our sponsor page.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 10:25 PM   #3
fivestarranger
Not Yet Wild

Alright so I plugged up the three oil injection holes with m6x8 bolts. I then mixed 4.5oz of the oil with 3 gallons of gas. New plug and a charged battery and it fired up. It was blowing lots of smoke and had a few good backfires.

Should I have mixed the same oil that is intended for the oil injection into the gas? Or should I have used something closer to dirtbike 2 cycle oil/premix?

Do you happen to know what spark plug I should be running? I replaced the old one with a new one of the same type but I'm not sure if it's the correct plug.

Thanks for the help!!
fivestarranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 05:51 AM   #4
ruredy
Born Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by fivestarranger View Post
Alright so I plugged up the three oil injection holes with m6x8 bolts. I then mixed 4.5oz of the oil with 3 gallons of gas. New plug and a charged battery and it fired up. It was blowing lots of smoke and had a few good backfires.

Should I have mixed the same oil that is intended for the oil injection into the gas? Or should I have used something closer to dirtbike 2 cycle oil/premix?Do you happen to know what spark plug I should be running? I replaced the old one with a new one of the same type but I'm not sure if it's the correct plug.

Thanks for the help!!
What oil did you use?
I'm thinking 2 cycle oil
not sure about the plug
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO