lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-11-2013, 08:12 AM   #11
-GR-
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Jakes double a arm lift for 98 club car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springbok View Post
Look at this thread, Tom Burke posted pics of his Jake's 6" double a-arm lift in the thread below and it looks more like my Allsports lift than the one in your picture.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/lifte...-arm-lift.html

One weird thing about his is that the rear wheel isn't centered in the wheelwell. On my lift, the wheel is perfectly centered. I wonder what Jake's did differently to make it do that.
My rear wheels are centered pretty nicely. There was room to adjust it as well from one side to the other. Tom's lift has the longer sleeve bushings also like yours does. If I have to I will make up my own sleeve bushings to get a little more height but if I do that I want to wait until the rear heavy duty springs are in so I can make sure it is level.

I am waiting to hear back from Jake's. I have heard it mentioned many times their customer service is great. Just wondering if the description could possible updated for what lift goes on which year?
-GR- is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-11-2013, 08:14 AM   #12
tjb406
Gone Wild
Club Car

i have the same bumpers on mine and it has the original shocks as well. although on mine you can still see the shaft of the shock they are not bottomed out.
tjb406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:31 AM   #13
-GR-
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I just received an email back from Glen at Jake's. Looks like I have the right lift kit. Hopefully Glen doesn't mind but I will quote his email in here for reference.

Quote:
Club Car used bump stops on a few year models DS cars for experimental purposes. These limit the travel of your shock. They are not needed. You can remove both of these by cutting them loose. You are correct about the longer sleeves. This is because we had two different spring manufactures. You have the newest design and the leaf spring is arched more than the older design which requires a smaller link spacer.

As for the rear, the top shock plate is a universal design which works for both shocks Club Car uses on the rear of the cart. Your cart has a stem mount where some of the older gas carts have an eye mount shock which would mount to the stud on the back side.

I hope this answers you questions. If you have any other questions feel free to email or give us a call. Thank you for purchasing Jake’s!
Old 03-11-2013, 08:33 AM   #14
-GR-
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I am going to cut the bushings off the shocks tonight. I will check to see how much travel it gives me and I will also see once I get the heavy duty springs for the rear I might put longer sleeve bushings on to raise the front a little to match the back.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:44 PM   #15
iKAB
Gone Wild
Club Car

Glad you have it all figured out
iKAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:59 PM   #16
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Good deal. Post up some pics of your cart when you're done.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:09 PM   #17
-GR-
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springbok View Post
Good deal. Post up some pics of your cart when you're done.
Thanks guys. Will do. I have the body panels off now. I need to do a lot of sanding to get ready for paint. I also need to decide what I want to do for a paint job. I know it is going to be a base coat clear coat but I am debating doing one color or doing a two tone with a little airbrushing for shadows.

I am hoping the rear seat kit will be here before the end of the week. I still need to get the front seats redone. Lots of other stuff I would like to do but for the most part the lift, wheels and tires, rear seat kit and a paint job is what it needed most.
Old 03-11-2013, 01:35 PM   #18
Pitbull Joe
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I will be watching for pics. Looks like Jake's does have good service
Pitbull Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:45 PM   #19
-GR-
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I stopped and got some fiberglass repair kit and body putty. I took all the protective covers off and plan on filling the holes and making the body nice and smooth. There is also a cracking in the body where the drivers side seat rear touches. I might have to tweak the aluminum angle that supports most of the weight so the seat doesn't put quite as much pressure on the body.

I took a few pics of the cart without the body for yas.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Attached Images
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1363041880982.jpg (103.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1363041897814.jpg (101.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1363041913927.jpg (81.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-11-2013, 05:53 PM   #20
iKAB
Gone Wild
Club Car

What size wheels are them? 12"?
iKAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car