lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-14-2014, 12:00 AM   #1
setconstr
Not Yet Wild

Default voltage reducer

I have an 08 rxv, I bought a voltage reducer on Ebay it has 5 wires one orange ( with 12v power ) one blue ( grd ) one red ( power ) one black (12 v grd) one yellow ( 12v power ). So I wired it just like wiring a EZGO OEM reducer putting the orange to the solenoid and red to main positive blue to main Grd. so i have 12v to the yellow and black hooked up the led light kit just basic but with a harness that you can add turn signals and brakes lights if wanted. I got nothing no lights at all the cart works and runs fine but no lights . Any Help would be appreciated.............
setconstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-14-2014, 09:16 AM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: voltage reducer

This must be a "pretty legit" dc convertor, so much so it doesnt even need instructions. Or even the most basic of wire schematic. It seems now days this is what to expect from the cheapest stuff on Ebay & Amazon. Did you try contacting the Ebay seller? Did he respond in english? Should have saved up a little more money for something better.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 11:58 AM   #3
setconstr
Not Yet Wild

Actually it's a pretty good reducer ( 30 amp. ) $80.00 bucks and I got it figured out works like a champ with my LED light kit. Your right though I usually get OEM but didn't want to pay like $250.00 for the EZGO reducer since all I wanted was lights. Ran the orange wire just like the OEM one to the solenoid and it all works Great . It did have instructions but said to run the orange wire to the ignition switch and every thing I've read about RXV's said don't mess with that and I did talk to the sellers their in Georgia USA and were very helpful ( unlike yourself ) it 's a golf cart shop
Old 11-14-2014, 12:31 PM   #4
remac
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Have you checked the output from the reducer with a voltmeter?

I can't really be sure from your description but I am guessing that:
Blue goes to 36v pack negative (Golf carts don't have 'ground')
Red goes to 36v pack positive
Orange goes to key switch and is used to switch reducer on and off
Black is 12v negative and Yellow is 12v positive
Does this sound right?

If so you should get 12v on a voltmeter hooked to Black and Yellow,
but only when the key switch is on.
If you do then maybe there is something wrong with the led lights.
Try hooking them up to a 12v battery for a test.

Do you have any pictures of the wiring and how its all hooked up?
remac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 12:46 PM   #5
setconstr
Not Yet Wild

Thanks! It was my mistake and I was so stupid it all works perfect now ( it'a 48v ) all wire's hooked up as you said although I did put the orange to the solenoid the opposite side from the side going the battery pack instead of the ignition switch and it works perfect with the key on in any position with no delay between switching on/off forward or reverse.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO