lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-05-2009, 01:21 PM   #1
jujufogle
Not Yet Wild

Default NOGO EZGO's got me

I have a 1991 EZGO that has got me confused. When cold, it will not even pull off without assistance. I have replaced the motor, cleaned the connections, checked the batteries, etc. Jacking the rear wheels up and running, it runs fine, checking voltage shows a little under 36 Volts, loading with the brakes will cause the voltage to drop quickly and lose power. I suspect my problem is amps. In an attempt to remedy this, I have purchased a larger size wire and new lugs. Yesterday when I was going to begin this project, I realized I had left the key switch on, probably for a day or so. Not thinking anything of it, I pressed the accelerator…Dang, cart jumped out from under me. I rode it around for 30-45 minutes, had total accelerator range, no loss of power, started from a dead stop, started up hills from stop, it really ran like it should and had plenty of power through all speeds. I took the cart back to my workshop, switched it off, let it sit for an hour and the problem of no power (would not even pull itself off) returned. Help! Any ideas what the problem is?

Thanks.

JuJu
jujufogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO