lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-04-2021, 09:43 AM   #31
tennbamaman
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: New G1 Ignition Coil Ground question

Update, So my son in law came over and i did my maiden voyage. It seemed very peppy and seemed pretty fast. I could only go in forward as the reverse is still not turning motor over consistently. I figured out pretty quick i had no brakes. Im not sure if its the brake cables or the brake shoes.

It was in between rain showers when i took the maiden voyage and he videoed for me as after the last time when cart took off unexpected the wife said she was not videoing for me any more lol.

When the rain stops here is my to do list.
1. Chase and black wire to see why engine does not stop running when pedal released
2. Figure out reverse solenoid (clicks and even click when i run jumper from battery positive to the blue wire terminal on the solenoid. If i keep touching every now and then it will work. then it will work several times in a row and even with pedal. then it stops working and just clicks again)
3. Brakes, check cables first to see if they are even moving
tennbamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-04-2021, 09:45 AM   #32
tennbamaman
Getting Wild
Yamaha

The maiden voyage was great. I was using premixed gas. I have not seen any drop in the oil tank at all. I dont think oil pump is working. I am using a 65:1 ration so it did smoke a lil extra
Old 10-04-2021, 12:33 PM   #33
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

The oil injection can run anywhere from 150:1 to 300:1. There is a way to measure it but I’m unsure how. I think a tank of oil can last several gas fill ups

I’ve run 50:1 synthetic oil and rec fuel in mine with no smoke. If the carts been sitting for a long time it’ll smoke a bit until it gets some run time. Run it hard
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 01:09 PM   #34
tennbamaman
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Ok thanks, it has sat forever. I will keep running premix for sure. Once i get some kinks out of it, i will run it hard for sure.
Old 10-05-2021, 11:46 AM   #35
AGELE55
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeasis View Post
The oil injection can run anywhere from 150:1 to 300:1. There is a way to measure it but I’m unsure how. I think a tank of oil can last several gas fill ups

I’ve run 50:1 synthetic oil and rec fuel in mine with no smoke. If the carts been sitting for a long time it’ll smoke a bit until it gets some run time. Run it hard
I’m still brain fried with the whole oil usage thing. I’m pretty sure that huge tank of oil will last until ….we’ll, pretty much forever. I disconnected my oil line and ran it into a small plastic bottle while I burned through a tank of gas just to see. After a tank of gas, I had a few ounces of oil collected. Hmmm… so I reconnected it and she’s still plugging along as a daily driver around the property.
AGELE55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 10:25 AM   #36
tennbamaman
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Its finally quit raining in Bama so hopefully i can back to work on the buggy. I will keep running premix for now. I initially had the oil line unattached from the carb and the line at oil in it at the end but i never seen any drip out. Down around the oil pump itself there is a lot oil saturated crud. I think i will try to clean it up. the line may have a crack in it.

Right now, im stiill trying to get reverse back in action and the black wire at pedal. My white rodgers solenoid is supposed to come in. Based upon some other posts it appears the 4 post on the one end of the new solenoid is opposite from the standard yamaha OEM. If i understand the post correctly i will just keep both open ends together and then attach my small ground and blue wire to where the extra small post are. (on the front of new solenoid versus back of the OEM)
Old 10-07-2021, 08:52 AM   #37
tennbamaman
Getting Wild
Yamaha

I have received the White Rodgers solenoid. With it tentatively sat in place and with some hard wiring and jumper wires the reverse is back to working perfect. Not to put in place permanent.
Then get back to buggy not going dead as it should when pedal is released.
Old 10-07-2021, 09:56 AM   #38
AGELE55
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Old 10-10-2021, 08:00 AM   #39
tennbamaman
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Trying to get back on the buggy. I pulled seats off and trying to find a paint stripper to remove old paint that was painted on with paint brush. Im also still working with carburetor so i sort of like it to keep running with pedal released, lol.
I think i need to remove the governor. Run into issue yesterday with starting. Starts instantly in revers but turning over slow and will not start in forward. Using what you have taught me i will check ohms and voltages to make sure im getting the right voltages.
Old 10-10-2021, 10:50 AM   #40
AGELE55
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennbamaman View Post
Trying to get back on the buggy. I pulled seats off and trying to find a paint stripper to remove old paint that was painted on with paint brush. Im also still working with carburetor so i sort of like it to keep running with pedal released, lol.
I think i need to remove the governor. Run into issue yesterday with starting. Starts instantly in revers but turning over slow and will not start in forward. Using what you have taught me i will check ohms and voltages to make sure im getting the right voltages.
Ummm… be careful going down the stripper path…lol. Messy job. Depending on what kind of paint they used, it may sand off fairly easy with a jitterbug sander and 220 grit sandpaper.
Also- I thought it had been starting well in FWD?
And this may be an opportune time to check your charging circuit. Check your battery voltage with the cart off. You should see around 12.5 ish volts. Watch it while you start the cart and give it gas. Voltage should rise to around 14+ volts.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha