lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-28-2021, 04:39 AM   #1
slingshot ammo
Not Yet Wild

Default Cart will only operate wide open

Morning I am working on an Ezgo L499 TXT 48volt 4wd . For a friend .The cart has a Bad Boy Buggies package . 3 years ago thanks to your help a bad controller was identified . He purchased a new SR. 600/400 controller from Performance Carts . The cart worked great up until a month ago when it started to move at wide open throttle the instant that you pushed the accelerator in forward or reverse . The batteries are several months old and at full charge . You can here the 48 volt solenoid click when the pedal is pushed .
Can you please give me some suggestions on what to check to solve this problem
Thanks !
slingshot ammo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-28-2021, 08:56 AM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Cart will only operate wide open

Almost has to be a bad controller. Also could be the throttle.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 11:48 AM   #3
ThreeCW
Gone Wild

Cushman

I had a Wide Open Throttle (WOT) event on my cart a few years ago.

It turned out to be water entry into my controller or the wiring connection of my controller. Compressed air and evaporation fixed my problem. Water entry into other parts might cause a similar problem.

Perhap do a search of Wide Open Throttle or WOT and it might assist you in your trouble shooting.

Here is a link to the thread that I created ... hopefully it helps you

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=131708
ThreeCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 12:17 PM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

EZGO series drives had an in-line connector at the end of the gray cable coming out of the pedal box that caused all sorts of troubles when it got wet or corroded. Most people that experienced troubles with it eliminated it with individual butt-splices or solder joints connecting the four wires in the gray cable to the rest of the cart's wiring harness.

If he's running an Alltrax SR controller, the voltage between the black and white (Throttle) wires should be 10V when pedal is pushed just far enough to make solenoid click and 6V at WOT.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 05:41 PM   #5
slingshot ammo
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the suggestions and info . I will check it out this weekend and let yall know .
Old 11-13-2021, 05:32 AM   #6
slingshot ammo
Not Yet Wild

Good morning sorry it took so long to post what the problem was but life gets in the way of living. I tested the controller output voltage to the ITS coil and it was at 3.5 volts . The 2 wires going from the controller to coil tested good for continuity and showed no short between them . The ITS coil was internally shorted and when the controller was engaged it was already at hyper throttle . I installed a new coil yesterday and now ithe cart works great . Thanks for the suggestions and help !
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO