lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-23-2011, 05:55 PM   #1
Loggy
Not Yet Wild

Default ? On upgrade on my 36v ezgo

Hey guys need some help. I've got a 2007 ezgo PDS 36v with 6" lift and 22" tires. I've got no torque now or battery life. I've tested batteries and their good they are Trojan 2009. Was wanting to know if anybody has upgraded to a 500 alltrax and 7 hp motor. And want kind of performance and battery life they get. I think it's working so hard to push the big tires it's killing the batteries like pulling a big trailer behind your truck sucks the gas but I could be wrong. I've tried all those chips which personally I thought was a joke. But any help would be great thanks.
Loggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-23-2011, 06:12 PM   #2
Loggy
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: ? On upgrade on my 36v ezgo

Also if I wanted to go 48v where do u put the 2 batteries. I know one will fit under the driver side but the other side has the controller in the way. And I've heard the 36v and 48v is a myth or is it a lot better? And in which ways? Thanks
Old 04-23-2011, 06:24 PM   #3
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Loggy, first off Welcome !!!
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 06:26 PM   #4
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loggy View Post
Hey guys need some help. I've got a 2007 ezgo PDS 36v with 6" lift and 22" tires. I've got no torque now or battery life. I've tested batteries and their good they are Trojan 2009. Was wanting to know if anybody has upgraded to a 500 alltrax and 7 hp motor. And want kind of performance and battery life they get. I think it's working so hard to push the big tires it's killing the batteries like pulling a big trailer behind your truck sucks the gas but I could be wrong. I've tried all those chips which personally I thought was a joke. But any help would be great thanks.
You can go to a 500 amp alltrax, depending on your needs you may be able to go with a 400 amp which takes care of most people and you will not need to change your motor. If you want to go to a 500 amp, then send the motor to plumquick and they can rework your motor, it will be better and cheaper then a new one.
Old 04-23-2011, 06:27 PM   #5
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loggy View Post
Also if I wanted to go 48v where do u put the 2 batteries. I know one will fit under the driver side but the other side has the controller in the way. And I've heard the 36v and 48v is a myth or is it a lot better? And in which ways? Thanks
You can either swap them all out for new ones , and just put in 6 -8v, or add the other two in the bag well. If you go to 48v you will see a jump in power and runtime, along with speed.
Old 04-23-2011, 06:30 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You are exactly right about the increased loads on your drive system from the bigger tires. The stock controller can't cut it. 400 amps will make a significant improvement in your carts performance with a few cables upsized. 500a is reserved for only the aftermarket motors like PQ Assassin The jump up to 48v is a real seat of the pants improvement. Generally a 25-30% increase in speed and torque. Lots of guys put extra batteries in the bagwell or go to 6/8v batteries.
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 06:49 PM   #7
Loggy
Not Yet Wild

Will plumquick up the hp and what do they charge? Thanks for the help
Old 04-23-2011, 07:11 PM   #8
ChevyRacing75
Maybe This Weekend :)

Club Car

Get you a 500 amp controller, pq bandit and 48 volt and you will be grinnen ear to ear
ChevyRacing75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 09:53 PM   #9
Loggy
Not Yet Wild

With the 500 controller and 36 volt what kind of run time should I expect( miles or time). All I do is drive around the farm which has 3 or 4 big hills but I'm not baja racing either. Thanks
Old 04-23-2011, 09:56 PM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

500 amps is not recommended for a stock motor. The size and health of the batteries and the weight of your foot has everything to do with how long the pack lasts.
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
500 alltrax and 7 hp
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts