lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-14-2011, 08:00 AM   #121
jmz
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha G9 Club - Everything G9!

Harley air shocks will work also. I think I will try the ex shocks for more travel. Ex shocks are around 50 bucks.
jmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-14-2011, 08:03 AM   #122
jmz
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I have kfx 400 shocks on the front just for the color of the springs.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:15 AM   #123
traceman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlcain View Post
Did you change the springs on the front or rear? Or both? wouldn't happen to have the part number would you? Alot of people are using those 400ex shocks so would like to see what a set of those cost as well. I found a top on CL yesterday with the supports & windshield. They think its for a Club car, but may be able to rework it to fit the G9. Asking $200 but may be able to talk em down a bit. Keep ya posted.
Look starting at post 21 of the Tracecave buggie transformation that is linked under my sig and you will see what I did.

You can buy different weight springs. The ones I got I put on the rear. They are very stiff but I figure with 4 big *** bikers on there and a rear seat it will be just about right.
traceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 10:15 AM   #124
jmz
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Do y'all think kfx700 front shocks would be good as 400ex shocks.
Old 09-15-2011, 07:33 AM   #125
Dlcain
Gone Completely Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmz View Post
Do y'all think kfx700 front shocks would be good as 400ex shocks.
Boy I'm not sure JMZ? I've never tried either one of them before. Looking thru ebay last night, you can buy Harley shocks all day long for under $20 bucks, so for that much, I might just try a set out for the heck of it. Wished I would of saved the set I took of my Road King now!
Dlcain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 07:56 AM   #126
dcannow
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Dave-For adjusting the lights---I drilled three,in line, holes in upper light rim slightly larger than a self drill screw. By changing the screw position I can adjust up or down. I won't use the lights all that much, just to get home from the club house after poker & Corona nights (Itgets a little foggy now & then) . You gave me a good word on them, they look pretty cool.
dcannow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 07:21 PM   #127
Dlcain
Gone Completely Insane

Club Car

Ah cool, great idea! I noticed the other night that one of my lights is pointing to the moon, so will try that this weekend. I found a top on CL yesterday and talked em down to $150. Going to pick it up this weekend. They think it came off a club car, but arn't sure? What do you think? Can I make it work on my G9?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cart top.jpg (6.4 KB, 3 views)
Old 09-15-2011, 09:11 PM   #128
dcannow
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Dave- It's a good buy, I paid $100.+$17. freight for just the back supports. The top will fit OK. The problem will be the back supports. Bending the square Alum. is the problem. Think about getting two sections of heavy-wall elec. conduit, it will bend easy with a pipe bender. Run it down the side supports, drill and bolt through. Bend the top to fit the location for the CC top & it should work. The bottom rail of the windsheld frame should be able to drill & bolt down through the wrap-around moulding just like Yammi does.Consider painting the Alum windshield (pic shows black all ready) & support metal with satin black. I have done this on several rebuilds and it looks up-dated. Just wipe the metal down with acetone or paint thinner and it sticks fine from a rattle can either Valspar, for metal, or Rustoleum work, put on thin first/second & third coat. Finish with Satin clear coat and then just sell the pictures!!! I am going to paint my top black (plastic primer first coat) also as I think it will work with the Berry Red paint on the body. Dick
dcannow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 07:56 AM   #129
Dlcain
Gone Completely Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by traceman View Post
Look starting at post 21 of the Tracecave buggie transformation that is linked under my sig and you will see what I did.

You can buy different weight springs. The ones I got I put on the rear. They are very stiff but I figure with 4 big *** bikers on there and a rear seat it will be just about right.
I think 4 big (oYo) hot chicks wearing beads will look just about right too
Old 09-17-2011, 08:04 AM   #130
Dlcain
Gone Completely Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcannow View Post
Dave- It's a good buy, I paid $100.+$17. freight for just the back supports. The top will fit OK. The problem will be the back supports. Bending the square Alum. is the problem. Think about getting two sections of heavy-wall elec. conduit, it will bend easy with a pipe bender. Run it down the side supports, drill and bolt through. Bend the top to fit the location for the CC top & it should work. The bottom rail of the windsheld frame should be able to drill & bolt down through the wrap-around moulding just like Yammi does.Consider painting the Alum windshield (pic shows black all ready) & support metal with satin black. I have done this on several rebuilds and it looks up-dated. Just wipe the metal down with acetone or paint thinner and it sticks fine from a rattle can either Valspar, for metal, or Rustoleum work, put on thin first/second & third coat. Finish with Satin clear coat and then just sell the pictures!!! I am going to paint my top black (plastic primer first coat) also as I think it will work with the Berry Red paint on the body. Dick
Hey thanks for the advise Dick, do you think I'd be better off just buying the supports? were did you buy them? I have the ability to make them, but might just be easier to buy them. Satin black is the color I was thinking of too. I got an email back saying they were going to be out of town for the weekend, so can't pick the top up till Monday night. Can you believe I'm still waiting for the steering wheel? I won it on the 6th, so hoping I get it in the mail today. Otherwise I'm stuck mowing the lawn...lol
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha