lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-19-2012, 11:17 PM   #1
dahur
Getting Wild

Default 5 pieces of duct tape...

And the backup beeper is still annoying me. I think I saw some of you stuffed an earplug in there, and taped it over. Did that work out pretty well...?
dahur is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-20-2012, 06:24 AM   #2
Rickochet
Card Carrying Old Fart

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 5 pieces of duct tape...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahur View Post
And the backup beeper is still annoying me. I think I saw some of you stuffed an earplug in there, and taped it over. Did that work out pretty well...?
That does work and you can adjust the volume by how deep you stick plug in and how much tape you use.
You might want to check out your local laws pertaining to disabling warning devices first. If someone gets hurt with something altered or disabled you could have some legal issues.
Rickochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 07:04 AM   #3
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

You can also use just a piece of paper towel and put the duct tape over that. It works the same way as the ear plug, the more you put in it the quieter it gets
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 07:05 AM   #4
Duscarter
Getting Wild
Club Car

Used a cotton ball and duct tape on mine. Still load enough to hear but not screeching.
Duscarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:06 PM   #5
shmo
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I always opt to just unplug it. If you absolutely need to have an indicator, you could always run the wires up to the dash in install a warning light.

SHMO
shmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:27 PM   #6
kevinandrew
Gone Wild
Club Car

very serious business. back in the day when i was an apprentice electrician, my journyman and i were working in an articulated lift about 60 feet off of the ground with the warning beeper going off because we were on a slope. i was not really digging it, and really relieved when said that he would "fix " it. i thought that we were going to go down and move to a better place, instead he taped over the beaper. problem 'solved'!
kevinandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 04:33 PM   #7
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmo View Post
I always opt to just unplug it. If you absolutely need to have an indicator, you could always run the wires up to the dash in install a warning light.

SHMO
Shmo, dont mean to be "that guy", but some one may go ahead and post the story of when he ran over his 5 year old at the camp ground because 1) disconnected the buzzer, 2) mid day and didnt realize the reverse light he put in was on.
I had a reverse light on my G1, again mid day couldnt really tell it was on in the sun, launched the jet skis and hammered down to get out of the launch, you guessed it, still in reverse.

DONT DISCONNECT THE BUZZER, it's supposed to bother you so you dont un-wittingly leave it in reverse and launch it with the jet skis!
There would be one on your car or truck but you cant start those when they are in gear.
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:25 PM   #8
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmo View Post

SHMO
Please read attached.

'Nuff said.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:46 PM   #9
shmo
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Ok everyone, take a breath....now let it out..... I am sure you all think I am a, "wildman hell bent on jeopardizing public safety"....haha

But in reality I realize, as much as anyone, the importance of safety. However, I want to put this in perspective by asking a question. Aren't we all posting on a thread that is completely dedicated to quieting, (or apparently almost silencing), an alarm? With that said, if altering an alarm in any manner is like playing with fire, I will assume you all have yours in the stock configuration. If you do not, trust me when I say I am absolutely positive that any attorney worth his salt would have a hay day finding liability in an "operator modified" safety device.

If anyone decides to alter their vehicle in any manner, please be very careful. I think that goes without saying. Personally, I feel much safer in regards to a deleted back up buzzer in the hands of a sane man than I do with a great deal of the home made lift kits and 40mph carts being driven around by children and daredevils....just sayin.

And Essness, I can start 3 of my cars while they are in gear....just how they came from the factory.
shmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:00 PM   #10
kab69440
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Heck, on the old 3-on-the-tree cars, they would ONLY start when the selector was in reverse!
kab69440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO