lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-01-2018, 01:36 PM   #581
1946J3Cub
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha G1 owners club-post here

Thank you for the link to the G1 repair manual. It was very thoughtful of you. The information is very comprehensive and will be quite useful as I proceed.

Best Regards,

Tom
1946J3Cub is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-05-2018, 06:07 AM   #582
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

1946J3Cub Where are the pics?
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 01:25 AM   #583
section8_paintba
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by hac268 View Post
Here are some pictures, also tried Sportster shocks ,moved upper brackets to accommodate length , didn't really help much,going to make spacers for tie rod ends to minimize bump steer now
Wow! Can you tell.me.how you did the lift? I'm new to the cart world and not much around on lifting old g1 models

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
section8_paintba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 10:24 PM   #584
1946J3Cub
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Making Progress on My G1 Project

Exactly two months ago today I brought my G1 home. Never having had a cart before much less a G1 I was in no position to make a professional determination but I think it was in fairly decent shape. It ran when I brought it home. I took the body off, cleaned and painted the frame. Frame had no rust but I figured more protective paint wouldn't hurt.

On page 19 of the G1 owner's club there are pictures of his restored G1 posted by a member calling himself Jakesbackyard. The post was on 2/23/13. I decided to base my cart "loosely" on his interpretation. Blue is my wife's favorite color so I painted it the color that Jakesbackyard did. I'm keeping the original bucket seats for now. They're in about the shape one would expect. Previous owner covered cracks with ugly black tape. I took it off and will put ugly white tape on.

I have a small fortune spent in chroming costs on an antique car. I didn't want to incur more chrome costs as well as wait a long time so decided to paint the arm rests white. It turned out well and will contrast nicely with the blue. Painted all top rails and hardware white as well.

Existing front bumper is aluminum. Rear bumper (original) as you all know weighs a ton. Plan to lighten it up some way. Bumpers will be painted white.

Had starter/generator professionally rebuilt. Took clutches apart and thoroughly cleaned/reassembled per info found on BGW. Replaced crank seals. Will probably do a compression test before putting cooling shrouds back on. Crossing fingers and hoping it starts when I'm ready. No reason it shouldn't but Murphy's Law needs always to be considered. I'm not much of a picture taker. Didn't even take pictures when I trailered it home before disassembly. I figured that everyone here knows what a stock G1 with the "Fred Flintstone" top looks like. But, I'll try to get some pics made and posted of where I am now.

Plan to keep it at my hangar. The airport is on an island on the Susquehanna river and is a campground as well. We don't camp there as it's too close to home but the G1 will prove useful around the airport. The G1 done by Jakesbackyard is much nicer than mine will be but I'm pleased with how my first-effort cart is doing so far. He named his "Sunset Beach Buggy." My wife and I serve as secretary/newsletter editors for the EAA Chapter based at our hangar. We call the newsletter "The Island Flyer" which is what I hope to place, in script, on the front of our G1 similar to Jakesbackyard.

Best Regards,

Tom
1946J3Cub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 10:31 PM   #585
VigilanteTrail
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1946J3Cub View Post
Making Progress on My G1 Project

Exactly two months ago today I brought my G1 home. Never having had a cart before much less a G1 I was in no position to make a professional determination but I think it was in fairly decent shape. It ran when I brought it home. I took the body off, cleaned and painted the frame. Frame had no rust but I figured more protective paint wouldn't hurt.

On page 19 of the G1 owner's club there are pictures of his restored G1 posted by a member calling himself Jakesbackyard. The post was on 2/23/13. I decided to base my cart "loosely" on his interpretation. Blue is my wife's favorite color so I painted it the color that Jakesbackyard did. I'm keeping the original bucket seats for now. They're in about the shape one would expect. Previous owner covered cracks with ugly black tape. I took it off and will put ugly white tape on.

I have a small fortune spent in chroming costs on an antique car. I didn't want to incur more chrome costs as well as wait a long time so decided to paint the arm rests white. It turned out well and will contrast nicely with the blue. Painted all top rails and hardware white as well.

Existing front bumper is aluminum. Rear bumper (original) as you all know weighs a ton. Plan to lighten it up some way. Bumpers will be painted white.

Had starter/generator professionally rebuilt. Took clutches apart and thoroughly cleaned/reassembled per info found on BGW. Replaced crank seals. Will probably do a compression test before putting cooling shrouds back on. Crossing fingers and hoping it starts when I'm ready. No reason it shouldn't but Murphy's Law needs always to be considered. I'm not much of a picture taker. Didn't even take pictures when I trailered it home before disassembly. I figured that everyone here knows what a stock G1 with the "Fred Flintstone" top looks like. But, I'll try to get some pics made and posted of where I am now.

Plan to keep it at my hangar. The airport is on an island on the Susquehanna river and is a campground as well. We don't camp there as it's too close to home but the G1 will prove useful around the airport. The G1 done by Jakesbackyard is much nicer than mine will be but I'm pleased with how my first-effort cart is doing so far. He named his "Sunset Beach Buggy." My wife and I serve as secretary/newsletter editors for the EAA Chapter based at our hangar. We call the newsletter "The Island Flyer" which is what I hope to place, in script, on the front of our G1 similar to Jakesbackyard.

Best Regards,

Tom

Keep up the good work and looking forward to the final product! I am in the middle of my G1 resurrection as well...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
VigilanteTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 12:37 PM   #586
Jfishbaugh
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Yamaha Canopy Size?

Anyone that has a canopy on their G1, could I get the length of it? I am looking to add one? TYIA...
Jfishbaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 08:22 PM   #587
dezrcr822
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha Canopy Size?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfishbaugh View Post
Anyone that has a canopy on their G1, could I get the length of it? I am looking to add one? TYIA...
My top measures 48x41-1/2.
dezrcr822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 11:51 AM   #588
Jfishbaugh
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

great thank you for the dimensions, was yours a factory top?

Also anyone know a good turn signal kit for the G1's?
Jfishbaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 07:42 PM   #589
lostboy
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Got 1 today...
lostboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 07:48 PM   #590
lostboy
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Have to admit this BB a bit tough to navigate...got the cart running engine is great, clutches will not engage PO stated it was okay (sat for a while). Tried the rubber mallet on clutch housings ..nothing..first Golf Cart ....new oil, fresh gas , new 2 cycle oil in tank, oil injection okay. sounds good ...now what?
lostboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha