lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-21-2011, 11:13 PM   #1
prale
Not Yet Wild

Default 2006 Yamaha g22 advise plz

Hi I am new to all this, I just got my first cart about 10 days ago, and really have been enjoying it. Of course I wanted to make modifications, sooo here I am. I have been doing alot of research on lift kits, this was the first thing I wanted to do. I have never touched a cart before but I dove in. I got the jakes 6inch spindle lift, and found a deal on a set of 14 inch wheels with 23 inch tires, Yesterday I installed it all, everything went fine I think, but I have a couple of questions. First my steering is quite a bit tighter, I am assuming that its due to the larger tires, but would like to here a confirmation or not. next when I have people in the rear seat my rear tires are rubbing pretty hard on the rear mud flap??? I am wondering if the HD springs will fix this?? ohh yea, and when I did the install I was getting in a hurry and bent the sway bar down about a half an inch with the jack(i was getting tired :( ... the cart seems to drive straight as an arrow but I wasn't sure if there was anything I might need to do ? sorry for such a long post , thanks for any advise , and I am uploading a pic..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1362.jpg (92.8 KB, 14 views)
prale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 11:39 AM   #2
KGJET
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2006 Yamaha g22 advise plz

My steering was tight at first as well but loosened up quickly after a few days. I made sure to grease the bushing before putting it in the spindle and then greased the zirks once I put them on.
KGJET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 04:51 PM   #3
prale
Not Yet Wild

Hmmm I wish I had thought of doing that, I will give it a few days and if it doesn't loosen up, I may pull the front apart and grease them. Thank you for the response.
Old 08-22-2011, 06:44 PM   #4
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Sorry, but even with a 6" lift, useing 23" tall tires (Jakes recommends 22's), expecially with a rear faceing seat (loaded) there going to rub. You could also have a car that was "hit" in the rear and bent the frame tubes, moveing everything closer to the tires. Take the panhard bar off and straighten it, it's easy. Jakes HD coil spring kit will help, just depends on how much weight your putting on the rear faceing seat. Some have even used 1" x 1" steel tubeing to replace the shocks, but you won't like the ride quality. let us know what you decide on. Don't tighten the spindle bolts to tight, ca make steering lock to lock stiff, but will most likely loosen up.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 07:26 AM   #5
prale
Not Yet Wild

thank you for the reply, I have ordered the HD springs, I am going to try those, but most likely I will have to remove the rear mud flaps and probably have to cut the rear bumper, just behind the tires, but I will see how the shocks work first, also you were right the panhard bar was easily straightened.
Old 08-24-2011, 05:27 PM   #6
prale
Not Yet Wild

--Update-- I installed my springs today and they made a big difference, no more rubbing and actually made my cart seem more stable. My steering has loosened up as suggested, Thanks for the input ..
Old 08-24-2011, 06:01 PM   #7
kellys~hotrods
Gone to refill cooler...

Yamaha

Glad you got things sorted out. Enjoy your cart!

Kelly
kellys~hotrods is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts