lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-09-2020, 08:55 AM   #1
tlr6334
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default 2006 Club Car Precedent Starter Generator problems

Cart came in not charging battery. Solenoid and voltage reducer replaced, did not fix problem. Replaced Start-Gen (from Red Hawk) and it locked up within 7 days. Replaced this start-Gen and voltage reducer and it lasted 2 weeks before it failed. 2006 club car precedent is there a problem with this model cart? I read somewhere where the belt may be too tight causing this failure. Is there another issue with this model cart?
tlr6334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-09-2020, 05:46 PM   #2
tlr6334
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2006 Club Car Precedent Starter Generator problems

someone has to have an answer
tlr6334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 04:40 PM   #3
lockheed3
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2006 Club Car Precedent Starter Generator problems

See if you can find info on a compression relief valve. That is what I am here looking for and saw your post. Subaru designed the engine with it and Club Car didn't use it which is adding a lot of stress on the starter generator. I want to see if it can be added back. We have about 50 of these and have a lot of problems with that. I got that info years ago from Club Car themselves during some training a few years ago. At that time we hadn't had a lot of issues with it but it is becoming more frequent.
lockheed3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car