lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-22-2021, 01:29 PM   #1
tennbamaman
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default New G1 Ignition Coil Ground question

Thanks in advance for any help and guidance. When i got My 1983 G1A3 it had a rusty orange cover coil that did not fit the original G1 location for coil. I got my G1 with lots of wiring issues. Cut wires, splices, etc etc. With help from AGELE55 i have my starter generator turning over in forward and reverse with ignition without fail. I'm now trying to get my plug to fire. i ordered a new coil as i knew the old one was bad. For the new one, I don't think i have my ground wire correct. It is not currently connected to the coil. I'm wondering if i'm supposed to run a jumper from the coil mounting bolt to the motor block ground bold with ring connector seen in picture.

Based upon searches i see some other test(s) i need to try to figure out how to do

some tests i did last night

Scale at 200 on meter
Ohms from orange wire at CDI to the orange wire tie in spot that goes to coil = 0.3
Ohms from orange wire to metal coil connector on coil = 0.4
ohms at Black ground at chassis on passenger fender behind battery to the bolt in picture that goes into motor block = 0.8

Last night i tried to see spark at plug visually and never saw a spark at plug. I called myself measuring voltage at orange wire going into coil and i got like negative volts????
Playing with jumper wire on ground at one point when i pushed pedal to turn it over i was shocked a few times when i pushed pedal in. I think that is a good thing. lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg coil pic.jpg (215.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg orange and ground.jpg (147.4 KB, 0 views)
tennbamaman is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha