lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-22-2019, 11:19 AM   #1
Redlat1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Wheel and Tire Recommendation

I will be buying my first cart very soon and deciding on wheel/tire combo for cart. I want a 20.5" tall tire and trying to decide on what wheel size, 10", 12" or 14". The 14" rim seems to big and I think it would have a rougher ride. The 10" rim would give same amount of rubber height as stock tires but this rim does not look as good as the larger rims. So I am leaning towards the 12" rim on a 20.5" tall tire. This will be on a 2019 EZGO Elite lithium that is modified for approximately 27 mph. Will be using for golf and cruising on road. Thanks for input.
Redlat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-22-2019, 11:57 AM   #2
oldnavycdr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Wheel and Tire Recommendation

I'm looking at this as well. A key consideration for me is a smooth ride. Too many of my buddies complain about their rough ride on low profile tires. Personally, I'm leaning towards 10" wheels with 205/65-10 tires which should give me improved performance and a cushy ride. But I just don't know what tire brand to buy. Like Redlat1 my carting is a mix of golf course and street use. 2013 RXV with that special Bob Boyce magic applied to the controller.
oldnavycdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 12:32 PM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Radial ply tires have a softer ride than bias ply tires.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 01:38 PM   #4
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldnavycdr View Post
I'm looking at this as well. A key consideration for me is a smooth ride. Too many of my buddies complain about their rough ride on low profile tires. Personally, I'm leaning towards 10" wheels with 205/65-10 tires which should give me improved performance and a cushy ride. But I just don't know what tire brand to buy. Like Redlat1 my carting is a mix of golf course and street use. 2013 RXV with that special Bob Boyce magic applied to the controller.
Kenda LoadStar 205/65-10 is a good tire.
usgicollector is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 02:43 PM   #5
oldnavycdr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Thank you JonnieB and usgicollector. I'll look at both the radial and the Kenda LoadStar. One place was packaging Wanda with their wheels but I want a little more aggressive tread without going turf tires.

Sorry, didn't mean to thread jack. Redlat1, if ride is important to you consider the 10" with 20.5" tires, but I agree, the 12" do look cool.
oldnavycdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 06:28 PM   #6
Redlat1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Oldnavycdr, glad to get your comments. Since comfort is more important to me than looks, I may go to the 10" wheel also. I did a search on radial tires and did not see many to select from.
Redlat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 10:33 PM   #7
Newbuggyboy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by usgicollector View Post
Kenda LoadStar 205/65-10 is a good tire.
I agree

Wheel/tire tool

https://www.tacomaworld.com/tirecalc...0r10-205-65r10
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PhotoPictureResizer_190609_164305342_crop_1267x1308.jpg (215.9 KB, 0 views)
Newbuggyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 07:17 AM   #8
Capt. Lenny
Born to be Wild

E-Z-GO

Generally speaking, the smaller the wheel the more rubber between the wheel and the ground and softer ride. The larger the wheel the less rubber between the wheel and the ground but everything depends on the size of the tire also. Going from the stock 18" height to 20.5" you'll gain about 3 mph. A lower profile tire setup ads a little cool to your cart but there are a lot of cool looking tire/wheel combinations in all sizes available. Check out Steeleng.
Capt. Lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 05:57 PM   #9
aberiaxbww

Default rqalbhbsylyl

plaquenil side effects mayo clinic <a href="https://chloroquine250mg.com/#">chloroquine side effects</a>
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO