lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-07-2021, 09:02 AM   #1
SB77
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default 6 seater 25mph suggestions

Hi everyone. I have a 4 seater 2000 club car lynx cart I built up pretty good a few years ago. Wheels/Tires, rewired whole cart, new controller, new motor, redid seats, switched lights to LED, etc. It is a great cart and we love it.

Looking for a 6 seater now.

I think I have it narrowed down to 3 options.

1) buy another used cart and redo it. I don't mind doing this, it was fun building the other cart, but at the end I have more money in the cart than its worth, it took a long time, doesn't go quite 25 mph, the breaks are under powered, and has some squeaks that persist and drive me insane. I was thinking about just buying a new cart this time to avoid all this.

2) onward 6 seater. This is what I would do tomorrow if it went 25mph. But I would have to buy a controller and motor. So I am probably 20k+ on this option.

3) lots of smaller dealers around me (south FL) are selling the ICON carts. They do seem pretty nice, especially considering its 12k all in and is a new six seater that goes 25 mph + out of the box. I guess I am just a little skeptical for the 4 years down the road part wise, and its China. But from what I am reading they are using Toyota controllers and motors? I like Toyota.

Do you have any suggestions or other options I should consider?
SB77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-13-2021, 08:10 AM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: 6 seater 25mph suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB77 View Post
Hi everyone. I have a 4 seater 2000 club car lynx cart I built up pretty good a few years ago. Wheels/Tires, rewired whole cart, new controller, new motor, redid seats, switched lights to LED, etc. It is a great cart and we love it.

Looking for a 6 seater now.

I think I have it narrowed down to 3 options.

1) buy another used cart and redo it. I don't mind doing this, it was fun building the other cart, but at the end I have more money in the cart than its worth, it took a long time, doesn't go quite 25 mph, the breaks are under powered, and has some squeaks that persist and drive me insane. I was thinking about just buying a new cart this time to avoid all this.

2) onward 6 seater. This is what I would do tomorrow if it went 25mph. But I would have to buy a controller and motor. So I am probably 20k+ on this option.

3) lots of smaller dealers around me (south FL) are selling the ICON carts. They do seem pretty nice, especially considering its 12k all in and is a new six seater that goes 25 mph + out of the box. I guess I am just a little skeptical for the 4 years down the road part wise, and its China. But from what I am reading they are using Toyota controllers and motors? I like Toyota.

Do you have any suggestions or other options I should consider?
Sounds more like a question for the electric cart section?
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 11:03 AM   #3
doo dah
Gone Wild

Default Re: 6 seater 25mph suggestions

Have you considered stretching your current cart? I did mine and it wasn't too bad, and didn't take that long.
doo dah is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts