lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-29-2009, 12:54 PM   #1
natvtxn27
Not Yet Wild
Tomberlin

Default Tomberlin Tax Credit

Hello All. I just bought Tomberlin E-merge this morning and planning on using the Tax Credit which is available since it is tagged as a LSV and not a cart. Has Anyone else done this in Texas and have an idea how it works? Thanks for your help and I look forward to using the forum!

Oh yeah, and specifically what do I need to register with the state of Texas.
natvtxn27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-29-2009, 01:12 PM   #2
WickedCarts
NOT a Sponsor

Default Re: Tomberlin Tax Credit

rough n tuff does the same thing.. you just fill the paper work out and send it in
WickedCarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 12:25 PM   #3
moss9994
Not Yet Wild

I keep searching the web every once in a while for more info.
This is the best explanation I have found so far.
Not sure if anything special is involved with registering it, the dealer I bought it from did all the paperwork on mine.
http://www.vagolfcars.com/2009%20Ele...able%20(2).pdf
moss9994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 05:56 PM   #4
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Consider this with these vehicles. I don't want to start a huge debate, but you need to consider what to do with the rebate!

Yes, you will get some cash off of your Fedaral return next year - $4,500.00 in most states, but you will also lose that money in the value of your cart. Your cart IMMEDIATELY drops in resale value the day you take delivery. Why? Because someone can go to a dealership and purchase a new one and recieve their rebate. I think some owners of Tomberlins will be shocked at the vehicles value when it somes to trade in time. Once again - I'm not knocking the product, or the rebates. But you're not getting "free" money. That amount will be lost in value of the carts "worth" in resale or trade in value...

EZGO is releasing a street legal vehicle in 2010, so I've been considering this "rebate" controversy for quite some time

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 06:26 PM   #5
smooth72
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesmotortoys View Post
Consider this with these vehicles. I don't want to start a huge debate, but you need to consider what to do with the rebate!

Yes, you will get some cash off of your Fedaral return next year - $4,500.00 in most states, but you will also lose that money in the value of your cart. Your cart IMMEDIATELY drops in resale value the day you take delivery. Why? Because someone can go to a dealership and purchase a new one and recieve their rebate. I think some owners of Tomberlins will be shocked at the vehicles value when it somes to trade in time. Once again - I'm not knocking the product, or the rebates. But you're not getting "free" money. That amount will be lost in value of the carts "worth" in resale or trade in value...

EZGO is releasing a street legal vehicle in 2010, so I've been considering this "rebate" controversy for quite some time
Don't you feel the value will rebound after the rebates end. There is allot of brands than Tomberlin that qualifies for the rebate such as Fairplay, etc. Also about the value lower, that maybe true, but if you pay enough in taxes you paid less for it. Now in Oklahoma on top of the federal rebate you get a 50% state tax rebate. So you can pretty well get it for free. I have never been able of any tax credits, I would rather have something to show for my taxes other than writing a check to Uncle Sam.
smooth72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 06:33 PM   #6
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I highly doubt if the rebate will go away. They have been available in California since 1997. Like I said - I didn't want to start a debate - I just want buyers of these vehicles to be aware that the money will end up coming out of their pocket in one way or another. The used Tomberlin market value is fairly low - Just letting people know that are thinking of buying them that it's not all roses in the end...

Old 09-08-2009, 06:35 PM   #7
4RE KLR
Whats that clicking noise

Yamaha

Great info Mike
Thanks
4RE KLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 06:38 PM   #8
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

We've already had people trying to trade them in at our dealership (no - I won't take them). I just want new buyers to be aware that the "free" money isn't 'free' in the long run...

Old 09-08-2009, 06:49 PM   #9
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by smooth72 View Post
Don't you feel the value will rebound after the rebates end. There is allot of brands than Tomberlin that qualifies for the rebate such as Fairplay, etc. Also about the value lower, that maybe true, but if you pay enough in taxes you paid less for it. Now in Oklahoma on top of the federal rebate you get a 50% state tax rebate. So you can pretty well get it for free. I have never been able of any tax credits, I would rather have something to show for my taxes other than writing a check to Uncle Sam.
Smooth, I dont expect the value to come back because there will be so many available. Everyone who takes advantage of this deal will have one, that will have an effect on the used market. The more that are out there, the more competative you need to be to sell it, the cheaper they will be.
I expect to see this effect as soon as next spring/summer.
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 06:58 PM   #10
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Now - I will add this to the mix...

If you buy one and plan on driving it until the tires fall off, then the credit is perfect for you. Just don't ever plan on selling or trading

Tires falling off from years of use, that is...

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin