lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-14-2010, 10:11 PM   #11
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 92 carry all drive belt and starter belt

My 90 has the 1017188 belt but its loose. They can't stretch that much, can they?
BLACK DEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-15-2010, 08:07 AM   #12
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

yes belts do stretch. with a cost of ruffly 27 dollars, i would replace it if i dont know the age or if it has speed/running issues. but you also should check both clutches, on the trans side make sure you have your drive nubs, there the plastic plugs, 3 if i rember right, and make sure there all there. and see if when the engine is at ful speed, that the belt is to the outside of the engine clutch.. it rests on the inside of it at rest. if it not, i would try the new belt first before tearing the engine clutch apart to change/check the nubs in there. not recommended if you dont know what your doing!
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 09:34 PM   #13
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

cool will look after this weather clears.
BLACK DEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 08:38 AM   #14
Deans
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Hey CK... woooops..... Didn't mean to imply that you worked for the company; just stating that I don't. I merely wanted to point out that many belts are out there that can be used just based on what size you need; which allows for some fine tuning for the application. Guess I should have just said so.
Deans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 08:44 AM   #15
RICHIE RICH
Getting Wild

Yamaha

you can order them from one of the sponcer on this site for about the same money, a good drive belt will out last the cheaper ones and in the long run save you money.
RICHIE RICH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 11:16 AM   #16
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

deans no prob. i just know if you try weird manufacter numbers, no luck, but if you can find a major supplier, and half of there stuff is convertable, makes it a lot easier. we all know that cc does not make there belts. they have a major manufactuer produce them then stamp there numbers on them. same thing as the cc kaw engines. there basicly the same, but they have there own id number. like m y 350 is a as11, from aug of 98, but no kaw dealer can get parts, but if i use a as14 no problems. i have been on kaw power and ran most of what i needed, and taook some time. almost all parts are the same. at leats what i have needed, or looked at. but i agree with righie to . there are junk belts out there. just make sure you buy from a good source you know and trust.
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 02:47 PM   #17
RICHIE RICH
Getting Wild

Yamaha

just a note, a OEM drive is only a couple dollars more that a aftermarket, but at least you know you are getting good quailty, with a generic, you must make sure it is as good or better..all belts are not made the same, lots of NON OEM are made in china and other places over seas.. just keep that is mind when your looking around..

just like car parts if you go to carquest ot napa, they have 2 or 3 items for most parts and some of the parts are the same as oem and some are far less quality
RICHIE RICH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 09:11 PM   #18
sol hunting
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

just got back from ga hunting. Thanks for all the help to all that replied. if there is any more please let me know.
sol hunting is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car