lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-13-2009, 10:34 PM   #11
BRS
Master BS'r

Club Car

Default Re: vinyl seat adhesive needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICHAEL View Post
Thank you guys for all the good ideas. I think I fixed the prblem. The seat may be unusual, I do not know. The foam with viyl covering is just glued into a pvc frame. I went to NAPA, They did sell the 3m super 77 spray adhesive, which in this case does not work. But they sell a tube of 3M weatherstripping and gasket sealling material. It worked fine. So Far. Its like a thick contact cement. Bonded to both well. We shall see. I glued it , clamped it, put weights on it, and it seems to work. Thanks again for all your help. Michael
Is this on a CC Precedent 06 or less? If so they recalled those seats for bad glue and yes there are no staples used.
BRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-14-2021, 08:40 PM   #12
Michaele1971
Not Yet Wild

Time to revive this old thread…
So my seat cushion Mostly became detached from the seat back on my 2006 club car precedent.
I ended up cleaning both surfaces of all the old glue on the cushion and the seat back.
I then scuffed them both up a little bit (very very carefully not heavy at all) then cleaned both surfaces with acetone.
Then I proceeded to apply a bead to both the seat cushion, and the seat back, with “3M Scotch-Weld 1099 Nitrile High Performance Plastic Adhesive.
Then I took duct tape, taped it to the cushion, then pulled it tight around to the back side of the seat back to let the 3M cure over night while it held the cushion tight to the seat back as pictured.
I feel this is going to work pretty well since this adhesive seems like really good stuff.
It says curing takes about 24hrs, so I’ll update tomorrow on the bond it created.
Michaele1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2022, 12:35 AM   #13
Erichunterllc
Not Yet Wild

How’d it work? I’m experiencing the exact same thing with my Yamaha Drive G29 golf cart.
Erichunterllc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO