lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-13-2017, 04:29 PM   #1
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default G29 motor magnet

Quick question

I had a motor out of one cart to check the bearing and I noticed the magnet was cracked. My question is it seems like it is held in by friction or something. Because I will be installing a new magnet anyway can it just be pushed back on or do you need to remove that white plastic looking ring first ?

Thanks
yamahaguy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-13-2017, 07:49 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: G29 motor magnet

I have always removed it by pressing the bearing off, and the magnet comes off with it. But I have always removed the magnet only because I was replacing the bearing during a refurbish.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 07:51 PM   #3
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

So are you basically telling me that if I do anything other than press the bearing off to remove it I will crack it? Lol Can it be persuaded off another way or is it too delicate for that
Old 10-13-2017, 08:07 PM   #4
cgtech

Yamaha

Well, that little collar is pretty thin. Not sure how you would grab it. The magnet will just break off it you pull on it. If the magnet won't pull it, and the collar the magnet is mounted to can't be gripped properly, how else do you get it off there.
Old 10-13-2017, 08:07 PM   #5
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Which begs the question once it’s off, I doubt you can use the press to reinstall it so I guess you need to tap it down or something?
Old 10-13-2017, 08:09 PM   #6
cgtech

Yamaha

I use a press, but I have a really thick flat washer I use under the press piston to put it back on. Has always been successful for me.
Old 10-13-2017, 08:19 PM   #7
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Hmm interesting well if I use the press I will be nervous about cracking it cause I don’t feel like spending 60 bucks on another one. Thanks that will help me plenty one last thing, how do you press it down to get it recessed a little bit? Do you use the large washer with a big enough hole in the middle so the magnet will sink down in position? I noticed the magnet is not flush with the top it sits further down a little
Old 10-13-2017, 10:33 PM   #8
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Depends on the motor. Some are held in with an E-clip, don't want to try to press those off!
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha