lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-02-2019, 11:20 AM   #1
stuff4mason
G8 Club Founding Member

Yamaha

Default G29 - which rear seat??

So, I'd like to get opinions on the rear seat kits those have purchased lately for the G29's. Who likes what brands? Looking for durability and will have to attach a hitch to the bottom of it to pull jet skis out of the lake.
stuff4mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-02-2019, 12:46 PM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: G29 - which rear seat??

I liked to use Madjax's. Steel frame work (don't recommend aluminum) plastic platforms (if you want one the folds into a flatbed) and the now the seat cushion bases are plastic. When they are plywood bases....they don't take the water well. But this just an old retired guy talking smack
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 01:08 PM   #3
stuff4mason
G8 Club Founding Member

Yamaha

Thanks Block. I was leaning towards Madjax. I bought a GTW for the G22. I didn't have any complaints, except, it came with different roof brackets, which were a pain in the butt to install.
Old 05-03-2019, 08:54 AM   #4
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

GTW's work well also. With the G29, if you use the stock top, the top frame bars bolt right to the new seat back frames. What made you buy a G29?
Old 05-03-2019, 01:42 PM   #5
stuff4mason
G8 Club Founding Member

Yamaha

Some guy handed me a check for the G22. I told him, its not for sale. But I looked at the check and said, ok, here you go. We have the golf cart club meet at CAW next week. I didn't have time to find another G22, so went with a 2013 G29 right off the course. I know you said years ago, don't buy a g29, but I was ready for a change. Am I going to have clutch issues with a 2013 G29?
Old 05-04-2019, 08:44 AM   #6
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

The 2013 would have the newer style (greasable) clutch's I also like they changed from the bad Team pedal assy to the newer style (well older style) that can be serviced easy.
Old 05-04-2019, 09:02 AM   #7
stuff4mason
G8 Club Founding Member

Yamaha

Oh good to hear!!! Ended up going with the GTW rear seat. Madjax wasn't available in the color I wanted. Hopefully it'll be better than the last seat I got.
Old 05-23-2019, 07:50 AM   #8
stuff4mason
G8 Club Founding Member

Yamaha

I installed the GTW seat, and like it. Give it 4 of 5 stars, as the directions could use a little work, but overall, I am impressed with it so far.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190519_194628.jpg (160.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-24-2019, 02:41 AM   #9
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuff4mason View Post
Thanks Block. I was leaning towards Madjax. I bought a GTW for the G22. I didn't have any complaints, except, it came with different roof brackets, which were a pain in the butt to install.
GTWs instructions are a total joke, and they assume all G14-G22 roof supports are the same (well, they aren't). Also, just ignore "use hardware from bag #whatever", that's a joke. The kit is ok, but they have some Yamaha learnin' to do. I do find their pictures hilarious tho!
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 09:46 AM   #10
stuff4mason
G8 Club Founding Member

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
GTWs instructions are a total joke, and they assume all G14-G22 roof supports are the same (well, they aren't). Also, just ignore "use hardware from bag #whatever", that's a joke. The kit is ok, but they have some Yamaha learnin' to do. I do find their pictures hilarious tho!
Yeah, you better have your glasses on to be able to see what they are trying to show you in the pictures! And, be able to assume things that the normal guy isn't going to assume without having to remove 10 bolts/washers to start over!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha