lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-04-2019, 11:43 AM   #1
mhebert4224
Not Yet Wild

Default Just picked up my new 2019 Qtech 2

I picked up my new cart last weekend. It came lifted with 23 tires. The cart is fairly fast stock but was curious if anyone has adjusted the throttle cable to gain more speed. I know the earlier models you would adjust the nut on the governor. I was told not to do this on the 2019. Any feedback is appreciated.

Mike
mhebert4224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-04-2019, 02:48 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Just picked up my new 2019 Qtech 2

If your throttle cable is reaching full throttle there aren't any gains to be had there. I have seen some that weren't properly adjusted, but not so much that it affected top speed. The factory doesn't "de-adjust" the cable to regulate speed, that's what the governor is for.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 03:58 PM   #3
mhebert4224
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
If your throttle cable is reaching full throttle there aren't any gains to be had there. I have seen some that weren't properly adjusted, but not so much that it affected top speed. The factory doesn't "de-adjust" the cable to regulate speed, that's what the governor is for.
I figured you may have some feedback for me. Does the 2019 have the same governor adjustment as previous year models? The shop guy told me to flip up the floor board by the pedal and open another plate up. This will allow me to adjust the throttle cable and told me to not adjust the governor.
Old 06-04-2019, 05:14 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Same adjustments as prior models. Key off first. Take seat off. With one hand, press throttle. With other hand, reach around the bottom of the right front corner of the airbox. Eventually, you will feel the throttle arm moving in coordination with pedal movement. Then press throttle to floor. Try to further actuate the throttle arm. It should have little, or no further movement if it's properly adjusted.

Adjusting the governor some shouldn't hurt the cart, as the fuel injection has it's own rpm limiter separate from the governor. If the Yamaha dealer is picky, they could void your warranty for tampering with the governor. I suggest tightening the governor spring with a zip tie, instead of the nut. That way, when you send it in for service, you can clip off the zip tie and the governor doesn't show obvious signs of tampering. Governor is easiest to access with the rear access cover removed, which is really easy to do (if you don't have a 4-passenger seat installed on the back).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 11:59 AM   #5
Apexcars
Not Yet Wild

You can actually see the throttle lever really easily with the front seat open. You can see the throttle lever move when you push on the gas pedal. The pedal should be adjusted so that the throttle stop almost touches the throttle body with the gas pedal fully depressed. That will ensure that the throttle is opening fully when you are driving. Then you can adjust the governor. As cgtech said, the computer should keep the engine from over-revving.
Apexcars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 03:55 PM   #6
mhebert4224
Not Yet Wild

Thank you both for the feedback! I will see what I can do this weekend.
Old 06-10-2019, 03:36 PM   #7
mhebert4224
Not Yet Wild

Tightened the throttle cable and zip tied the governor spring about 1.5" in.
cart was going 30mph. It didn't feel that safe for my kids so I cut the zip tie and cart was still getting to 26mph stock. That's pretty impressive.
Thanks for advice.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha