lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-27-2020, 08:43 AM   #21
J-ROB
Out to Lunch

Yamaha

Default Re: G9 Build Thread

Those look great!

When does the lift come in?
J-ROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-27-2020, 08:45 AM   #22
93yamslammer
Getting Wild

Yamaha

So I called All Sport and it still has not even left their facility yet. Not sure what is going on there, but I went ahead and cancelled the order and I am buying the Jakes LT kit. Ill just pony up the dough and get the big boy kit.
93yamslammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 11:04 AM   #23
J-ROB
Out to Lunch

Yamaha

Probably due to COVID19, Partzilla's shipping has been extremely slow lately. Took 2.5 weeks to get an air filter, and the rubber straps for the airbox lid. I typically get parts from them in a few days.

If you want, you can ship that jakes kit over here and I'll send you my all sports kit LOL!

Keep us posted, I'll be curious to hear your thoughts on the Jake's kit!
Old 04-27-2020, 11:10 AM   #24
93yamslammer
Getting Wild

Yamaha

I figured the virus is causing shipping delays. But the more I thought about it the more I really wanted to try the Jakes out. Once it gets here I will let you know how I like it. If anything, I may upgrade the heim joints and shocks if they are not up to par.
Old 04-27-2020, 01:25 PM   #25
J-ROB
Out to Lunch

Yamaha

Sounds like a plan, keep us posted!
Old 05-07-2020, 03:11 PM   #26
93yamslammer
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Anyone have any pictures of their stereo setup on a G2/G9? Looking for some ideas of speaker placements and small subwoofers. I am thinking of going the bluetooth amp route and have some quality tunes while out riding. I figured I would ask here instead of making a new thread. I have searched the forums over, but I am not seeing any G2/G9 setups.
Old 05-08-2020, 08:04 AM   #27
J-ROB
Out to Lunch

Yamaha

I'll be following, stereo is on the short list for my ride as well!
Old 06-15-2020, 06:40 AM   #28
93yamslammer
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Small update. I was able to get my lift kit put on this weekend. Since the Jakes is back ordered I bought a Steeleng 6 inch lift kit. The kit itself is really nice, but I ran into a ton of issues with my cart itself. I did not know the cart had been hit hard on the driver side and bent the a arm area up. So after some cutting and massaging I was able to get everything to fit. I am not to thrilled with the amount of cutting I had to do to get the steering to cut in without the tires hitting. I should have gone with 20 inch all terrains versus 22 inch. Also I got the stereo wired up and running. Sounds good so far.

Now my next dilemma is after the lift went on around my steering box is banging around. All of the bolts are tight but when I go forward the wheels are at a positive camber. The second I go backwards the wheels go negative camber big time. Any clues as to what may be going on? Every bump I hit I can hear the noise coming from the pitman arm.

Old 06-21-2020, 10:37 AM   #29
J-ROB
Out to Lunch

Yamaha

That looks great!

I get a small click out of my pitman arm when I change directions. I think the seals and bearings being changed may get rid of the end play. Its on the list for me, but mine isn't too bad yet.
Old 06-21-2020, 03:06 PM   #30
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

The reason your camber changes between forward and reverse is your toe setting is off. I usually set my toe in just a hair from straight. You can use long straight edges on your front wheels to help mark their position, or you can use strings the same way.

Adding the lift changed the geometry of your tie rods, that's why your toe is off. It also will change the handling slightly with big bumps or uneven terrain at speed. It's just the nature of the "single a arm" suspension design.

The steering box....not sure on that one. Might be that it needs greased? When was the last time it was maintained? Check with your service manual for that procedure. There's probably an internal adjustment for that.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha