lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-20-2009, 05:35 PM   #1
dirtdigger805
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default how many ohms for coil

It is on older 2cycle cart that I am working on and i'm not sure of the year but I can get the info if I need to. The cart has no spark and I was wandering what the coil resistance should be so I would have a starting point on the problem.
If anyone has another idea as to what it could be lets hear it please cause I'm new to golf carts and really don't want to spend alot of time working on it trying to find the problem
Thanks for any input
dirtdigger805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-20-2009, 06:16 PM   #2
Goat53
Gone Wild

Default Re: how many ohms for coil

First make sure the plug wire is bottoming out into the coil there is a spike in there that goes into the end of the plug wire .
second check all 'pluged in connectors'
thost two generally gets my 3 old 2cycles going again .
it in is fairly unusual th see a coil go bad but far more likely to see an ignitor go bad .
cheapest way to fix if it is the ignitor ,go to search and enter "gm module" and run those links .
Goat53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 09:02 PM   #3
dirtdigger805
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: how many ohms for coil

Thanks for the reply goat, I'll check it out and let you know what i find.

one more question,does the g.o.a.t. in goat53 stand for the fifty third greatest of all time if so keep up the good work only fifty two more spots to go.(just kidding around, hope you have a sense of humor)

Thanks again
dirtdigger805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO