lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-01-2021, 03:03 PM   #11
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: Top for Jacobsen Hauler?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig123 View Post
Yes front top strut is the same as TXT as with top .

Here is a factory rear struts. I didn't want to make two because of the bends in the tubing so I just paid the price for both both left and right sides. Cost me close to $200 but for me it was worth it.
Much appreciated trig! That's exactly what I was looking for. I have a couple large golf cart dealers in my area, maybe I'll call and ask if they have any used Workhorse stuff.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-03-2021, 08:21 AM   #12
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Slo, also look into the new style seat setup. Total parts might be cheaper
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 11:03 AM   #13
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Slo, also look into the new style seat setup. Total parts might be cheaper
kgsc, it would be cheaper to use the later model but he would have to either buy or make the part the struts bolt to shown here with red arrow.

I bought two used one from a dealer for $50 so I didn't have to make them. That was back in 2018 . It would be pretty simple to fabricate these I would think. The rear top struts I would buy .

Shops take these 54 inch tops off when they upgrade carts so there should be plenty still available laying around.

The problem would be shipping .

I was lucky as I had a friend who was going to SC and he picked me up five of these tops in 2019 . He found them on craigslist at a dealer.

I think I got them for $40 each and they looked new. The dealer had about 50 of these but my friend could only fit five in his truck. People upgrade to the longer ones so there are dealers out there that have these 54 inch tops laying around. At least they did.

They came off a 2014 txt cart but they will work. Just have to do a little bending on front struts to make them fit.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ezgo MPT 1200 ear struts.jpg (103.0 KB, 0 views)
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 11:35 AM   #14
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Understood. Those brackets are $32 each 652243G03 .. Not sure if the plate it needs to bolt to is there so that could be an issue.. And trig is definitely right about dealers having extra parts. I watched in horror while one of my local dealers was throwing perfectly good used parts in one of those large dumpsters. Like 30 plus bodies, tops, axles and more. They were in the way..
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 02:53 PM   #15
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Thanks a ton guys! So that bracket....does it go down through the body? My seat backs come off with the bottom as one piece so I can't attach anything to the seat backs.

Yes there are local companies selling the tops used, they show photos on the ad, huge stacks of them lol. So I can get a top cheap, it's the uprights that I'm unsure of, particularly the rears. Seems the Workhorse struts are straight, correct?
Old 02-03-2021, 04:41 PM   #16
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
Thanks a ton guys! So that bracket....does it go down through the body? My seat backs come off with the bottom as one piece so I can't attach anything to the seat backs.

Yes there are local companies selling the tops used, they show photos on the ad, huge stacks of them lol. So I can get a top cheap, it's the uprights that I'm unsure of, particularly the rears. Seems the Workhorse struts are straight, correct?
It can be confusing so if it were me I would order the rear left and right struts that go with this cart to install a top. They do go down through . Find a front strut off a txt or workhorse if possible.

If you got some 3/4 inch square tubing and a tubing bender it would be pretty easy to make the front one. Otherwise cut it and weld where it goes across. I can get you the measurements if you want.

The rear one would be harder without a pattern but I guess it could be done. Mine measure 1 1/16th but 1 inch square tubing would work fine.
Just let me know if you need me to measure it for you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rear struts.jpg (175.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-03-2021, 10:10 PM   #17
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Alright, looks like I have to gather some parts. I appreciate the help, I'll update soon.
Old 02-04-2021, 09:11 AM   #18
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

slo, if your seat back and bottom both raise together the part number you would need is this .
I am also assuming your cart is like the one I showed in picture where the struts go down through the round hole in plastic part.
If so then you need these
Rear Strut (Passenger's Side)-75343G03
Rear Strut (Driver's Side)-75343G04
There is a workhorse like mine about a mile from my shop I recently discovered. The man told me the top is gone but the struts are still there.
I will let you know what I find.
Old 02-05-2021, 07:42 AM   #19
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig123 View Post
slo, if your seat back and bottom both raise together the part number you would need is this .
I am also assuming your cart is like the one I showed in picture where the struts go down through the round hole in plastic part.
If so then you need these
Rear Strut (Passenger's Side)-75343G03
Rear Strut (Driver's Side)-75343G04
There is a workhorse like mine about a mile from my shop I recently discovered. The man told me the top is gone but the struts are still there.
I will let you know what I find.
Fantastic! Yes the seat and seat back are one unit and come off together. I can find a top near me, several places sell them for like $40. The struts are the issue. Front struts I can get locally since the TXT version will work.

So to recap I need:
1. 1 pair mount brackets
2. 1 pair rear struts

Old 02-05-2021, 08:58 AM   #20
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
Fantastic! Yes the seat and seat back are one unit and come off together. I can find a top near me, several places sell them for like $40. The struts are the issue. Front struts I can get locally since the TXT version will work.

So to recap I need:
1. 1 pair mount brackets
2. 1 pair rear struts

On the struts that go down and though the plastic with hole in it you don't need 1 pair of brackets. Just the two rear struts I mentioned.

Mine is a 2000 Refresher cart but it has the dump body like yours. My seat bottom and both raise together as one piece. The struts bolt on bottom end are 5/16-18 X 1 3/4 with flat washers, lock washers and nuts . You need four of those

The bolts on top need to be stainless but you could use regular ones if you want. I just paint mine sometimes. Just don't want them to rust. The stock bolts are 1/4 inch threaded all the way and a spacer is needed on front between top and strut to keep from pulling through the plastic top. I am sure you can fine one that will work.

If the top you find has already pulled through then just use a large flat and put it on.

Where the front strut mounts on cowl be very careful removing those four bolts where you cowl guard is now. They have been known to break and a pain to drill out but I am sure you can get them out. I have broke my share

I hope this helps. Its early for me so maybe I didn't make a mistake. Cheers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rear strut passenger side.jpg (13.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg top strut drivers side.jpg (27.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg How they mount rear top strut.jpg (38.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg what it fits ezgo.jpg (23.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg bolts needed for rear top struts and front.jpg (199.8 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO