lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-29-2021, 11:59 AM   #1
pwhite106
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Carb troubles with my 1990 ezgo marathon

I'M NEW TO THE GOLF CART WORLD. JUST PURCHASED A 1990 EZ-GO MARATHON. IT HAS A ROBIN 244CC 2 STROKE. I'M HAVING REAL ISSUES FINDING INFO ON IT. IF ANYONE CAN POINT ME TO A MANUAL THAT WOULD BE GREAT. I'VE REPLACED THE STARTER BUT I'M STILL HAVING ISSUES WITH THE CARB ADJUSTMENTS. IT SEEMS LIKE I'M GETTING WAY TOO MUCH FUEL. I HAD TO REPLACE THE SPARK PLUG SINCE I THINK IT FOULED OUT BECAUSE OF THE FUEL. THE GUY I BOUGHT IT FROM SAID HE HAD JUST REPLACED THE CARBURETOR. And it seems I've lost a part. I had to recover this screw from the old carb (the guy gave me) but apparently it rattled out on a test drive.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg carb.jpg (219.0 KB, 0 views)
pwhite106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-29-2021, 12:01 PM   #2
pwhite106
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Carb troubles with my 1990 ezgo marathon

Sorry had a hickup with this image. Does anyone know what this is called and where I could get a replacement.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg carb2.jpg (199.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-29-2021, 12:28 PM   #3
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Follow the link in post #25. https://buggiesgonewild.com/showthre...=105501&page=3

You are always much better off cleaning the old carburetor unless the throttle shaft is worn out, and wobbly.

You are probably flooding because of the new carburetor, but it could also be a ripped lower diaphragm in the fuel pump.

Also forgot to say there are no carburetor adjustments. The manual will explain that.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 01:13 PM   #4
pwhite106
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks a bunch for the manual link. I forgot to say that I had replaced the fuel pump.
Old 08-29-2021, 03:20 PM   #5
pwhite106
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

OK, this is getting weird. I've tried to adjust the float level and that seemed to make it run better but now gas is pouring out of this port on the carburetor. Does anyone know what this is and how to stop it?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Carb3.jpg (93.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-29-2021, 05:42 PM   #6
pwhite106
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Well that was an adventure. Lesson learned cheap carburetors are cheap for reason. I put the old carburetor back on and bingo. A little adjustment and it runs fine.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO