lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-01-2010, 08:32 PM   #1
CLUBCARGREENMACHINE
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default oil light HELP!!!

i have a club car (gas) lifted 6".... 22" tires.... 10" rims unscrewed the throttle cable going into the black box, to make it faster, but thats it.... (rev limiter it still connected)
ever sience i lifted it the red oil light is lighting up, when i go full throttle... this is making me mad!!! ive read some stuff about the motor being tilted, because of the liftkit, but i just need the trouth.......the oils full to the full mark, but the oil light still comes on????? i need help asap!!!!! thanks!
CLUBCARGREENMACHINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-01-2010, 08:41 PM   #2
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

Default Re: oil light HELP!!!

the oil switchin the case is like a float switch. not a pressure switch. like you would think. it sits on the side of the cltch in the center.
my self personlly if i was that worried and annoyed with the light would be to install a manul pressure gauge off the side port by the oil filter and un hook the light. the gauge is better insuance then a switch imbedded in oil.
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 10:14 PM   #3
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

So we can hook up an oil pressure gauge on our carts? Well on 92 and newer atleast? How much oil pressure should we be seeing? My 90 doesnt have an oil filter on the flat head engine so Im sure I cant on that one.
BLACK DEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 11:52 AM   #4
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

flat head if i rember or was told has a slpash or a flipper foot in it like most lawn mowers do. the ohv engines have a pump in it. cause it has the oil filter on it. ill get the oil presure specs to you in a few when i find the book.
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 12:23 PM   #5
CLUBCARGREENMACHINE
Getting Wild

Club Car

so is this nothing to worry about the light coming on?
CLUBCARGREENMACHINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 12:49 PM   #6
Lightninlarry
Gone Wild
Club Car

Add a lil oil to it but if you add too much it will pull it up through the fuel pump and you have a big smoke cloud behind you... light is telling you that you are pumping oil to the top of the engine faster than it is draining back down to the bottom.... also you can try a thinner oil.. i have found a happy place for mine were the oil light will just barely flicker at high rpms..took a few times of adding and draining oil to get it right! I run mobil 1...5 w 30! let me know how it works out
Lightninlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 02:43 AM   #7
bigtony55
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I just picked up a used cart runs and drive fine but the oil light came on and even when the cart not running the light is still one woudl that means the sender or light itself is not reading correctly?
bigtony55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 04:55 AM   #8
Jimmie
Gone Wild
Club Car

Positive voltage comes from your key switch through your light bulb and grounds through the float switch, so you could have insulation rubbed off the wire between the light and switch causing a ground.

Jimmie
Jimmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car