lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-14-2007, 08:33 PM   #1
GADave
Not Yet Wild

Default New to Forum - First ever cart project

Hi Folks,

I'm new to this forum, and to golf carts. Have just bought a '97 Yamaha G16 gas. I'm gonna put a 5" Jakes lift on it, 22" tires.

I want it to turn out to be a hunting buggy. Just ordered tune up kit, & new king pins & bushings, and a new tie rod from tntgolfcar.com. Tune up kit has new belts. Prices seemed good. Will let you know about the service.

Best price I can find on a Jake's lift & 4 22x11x10 All-Trails on black steel wheels is $643 shipped ($585 + $58 shipping) at golfcartcatalog.com can y'all put me onto something cheaper or is this the way to go?

I've attached a couple pics before & current. I'll be asking a lot of questions so I hope y'all are a patient bunch.

Regards,

Dave

GADave is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-14-2007, 09:45 PM   #2
roady89

Welcome to the forum Dave.

I'm not sure who has the best prices on Jakes but in my opinion they make only Top quality lifts. If you decide to buy a Jakes you wont be dissapointed. Keep those pics coming to...WE LOVE PICS!!
Old 01-14-2007, 09:49 PM   #3
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Welcome to the forum Dave. Thanks for all the pics!! You're starting out great here. We really like pics. If you have any questions, feel free to fire away. There is no stupid questions here and we all help each other. What one doesn't know, usually someone else does.
spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 06:00 AM   #4
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Welcome Dave. Nice project cart, nice cart period!!! TNT has pretty good
prices and all the hard to find parts. For the lift & tires/wheels, you my want
to try www.cartpartsplus.com/ talk to Tom. Tell him you got his
name from here!!

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 06:50 AM   #5
mphillip
Site Moderator

E-Z-GO

Welcome to the nut house.... Hope you get to enjoy your cart as much as all of us do...
mphillip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 09:25 AM   #6
roady89

CPP has a lift for $159.00 but they dont have the tires you want showing on their website. Might call them, they probably have more than listed.
Here is the lift.. http://cartpartsplus.com/product_inf...8d3a916ac8a368
Old 01-15-2007, 09:43 AM   #7
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by roady89
CPP has a lift for $159.00 but they dont have the tires you want showing on their website. Might call them, they probably have more than listed.
Here is the lift.. http://cartpartsplus.com/product_inf...8d3a916ac8a368
Talk to Tom, they can get anything you want!!!

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 09:54 AM   #8
Stroker Ace
Not Yet Wild

You are headed in the right direction with all your upgrades. Im sure you will want a power kit and i have heard that http://www.plowmanscarts.com/ has the best!
Stroker Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 10:43 AM   #9
fastjim11
Gone Wild

Welcome to the forum. Tom at carts parts plus is the man for tires he advertises free shipping. on his website.
fastjim11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 02:54 PM   #10
Clayboy
Gone Wild

Welcome to the forum! Your cart reminds me of my little G-14, when I first brought it home. Just ask, if you need anything.
Clayboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha