lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-17-2007, 04:31 AM   #21
Clayboy
Gone Wild

I have a set of All-trails and a set of 489's on my carts. All-trails are ok on turf and hard packed surface ,but are no good in the mud. The 489's seam to be a little better off-road. I have the Jakes long travel and love it, but I do not know about the 5" lift. I'm sure some of these guys have delt with it before.
Clayboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-17-2007, 06:31 AM   #22
mphillip
Site Moderator

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayboy
I have a set of All-trails and a set of 489's on my carts. All-trails are ok on turf and hard packed surface ,but are no good in the mud. The 489's seam to be a little better off-road. I have the Jakes long travel and love it, but I do not know about the 5" lift. I'm sure some of these guys have delt with it before.
Your cart does great in the mud..... That is as long as you can keep the choke set in the correct spot.... LOL
mphillip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 08:32 AM   #23
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mphillip
Quote:
Your cart does great in the mud..... That is as long as you can keep the choke set in the correct spot.... LOL
LOL!! Or just keep Jim's number handy.
spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 12:09 PM   #24
Clayboy
Gone Wild

I ain't calling Jim, he said he was going to charge twice as much next time!
Clayboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 12:22 PM   #25
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Quote:
I ain't calling Jim, he said he was going to charge twice as much next time!
He's just trying to sell all those posters of himself dressed up as a confused mechanic pointing at things and guessing.
spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 05:53 PM   #26
Xtreme Cartz
The Fabricator

Wow that was a dirty cart underneath. You yammer hammers are lucky the bodies come off with out taking the rocker panels off. The most difficult part of a frame up resto for me is taking off and putting on the rocker panels. I will admit ezgo did some stupid designing.
Xtreme Cartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 07:09 PM   #27
GADave
Not Yet Wild

Yeah - it was dirty underneath. But most of it is just that - dirt - Georgia red clay to be exact .

Everything I'm finding is pretty managable. Battery tray is eaten up pretty good. I still haven't hosed the whole thing off yet. It's gotten cold down here all of a sudden.

Taking the rocker panel covers off this thing isn't much fun either. Had to drill out a couple rivets to get the stainless strips and plastic covers off. I thought the underside rocker panels were gonna be in bad shape - but they're good & solid. All the rust seems to be the bottom lip on the rocker panel sheet metal and the "up" struts holding the bar the dash board mounts over.

I ordered a starter kit of this Rust Bullet stuff to give it a try. Am gonna wash the frame, wire brush off the scaly stuff and try this junk on it where necessary. I'll report on how it works. Might be a couple weeks 'til it warms up enough to do it though.

I'm having fun workin' on this thing. Hopefully it'll come together by turkey season .

Dave
GADave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 07:26 PM   #28
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

I just looked through this thread, great looking cart. I'd like to hear how that Rust Bullet works also. :)
NO NO NO E-Z-GO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 11:36 PM   #29
4x4 CC
Frog Hunter

Club Car

naval jelly does wonders on rust. Easy to use too!!!
4x4 CC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 09:48 AM   #30
roady89

We have some stuff at work that is in a spray bottle. You just spray it on and wipe it off and the rust is gone. Now...we have only tried it on mild surface rust and it works great and leaves a film to keep it from rusting. When I get to work I will post what it is. I believe we get it at an auto parts store.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha