lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-03-2010, 07:18 PM   #1
ckjmlewis
Not Yet Wild

Default 92 club car no spark

Hi hoping someone can help me on here I have a 92 club car with the fe290 engine I have changed coil, ignitor, disconnected ground on rpm limiter and still no spark if the cart sits for a while it will spark and run for about 5 min then lose spark. Sometimes it will start sparking in a few hours other times it takes days. Does the rpm limiter do more than just limit spark.

Anyh help would be greatly appreciatedx
ckjmlewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-03-2010, 11:13 PM   #2
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 92 club car no spark

Igniter or coil. No real way of proving either, my 99 combined coil igniter gave the same readings regardless of a spark or no spark condition but the replacement unit fixed the problem. I took the advice of a gentleman who "had been there done that" (cheers Tom)Kinda weird but I guess it's just a CC idiosyncrasy. Reading on from your post, have you checked the obvious ? is the plug wire/cap and plug itself in good condition ? clip a 1/2" off the plug wire and re-attach the cap, sometimes the wires will pull free from the insulator. I gotta say though, judging by your symptoms it sounds like a coil or igniter going belly up under heat conditions, New items have been known to fail right out of the box.
Sorry to sound so negative but it happens.

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 11:25 AM   #3
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

on a 92 i would replace the limitor, you already did the ignitor, make sure your engine ground is tight and clean..................the coils on that year were pretty good and hold up well but the limitor/ignitor were the cause of 95% of the carts i did with no spark..........also as mentioned check your plug wire end they do go bad not often but they do go....................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 01:15 PM   #4
ckjmlewis
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for all the info does unhooking the ground from the limiter rule out the limiter? What does the limiter do other than ground out when rpm is to hi
Could I possibly have a weak flywheel. Magnet?
Old 09-04-2010, 02:40 PM   #5
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

no , there no real solid way to tell if a limitor has went bad and again i suggest unless you got new bad parts to replace the limitot, i know they ain,t cheap but if everything else is working i would replace it.........................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 06:48 PM   #6
custom carts
THE CUSTOM KID

E-Z-GO

heres a quick test hit the limter with a hammer a few times it will work but this is a temp fix this is if your limter is bad by hitting it it will unstick and work
custom carts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 08:48 PM   #7
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by custom carts View Post
heres a quick test hit the limter with a hammer a few times it will work but this is a temp fix this is if your limter is bad by hitting it it will unstick and work
Aaah, the scientific "smack it with a hammer" option. In the meantime, ( before you drive the rev limiter through the engine case with a few hefty blows from a 5lb hammer) might I respectfully suggest following the sagacious testimony of some of the seasoned pro's here and just do the job professionally the first time round ?

Chris.
Old 09-07-2010, 09:28 PM   #8
ckjmlewis
Not Yet Wild

Smile Re: 92 club car no spark

Thanks for all the info, I ordered the limiter this weekend.
Old 09-07-2010, 10:01 PM   #9
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckjmlewis View Post
Thanks for all the info, I ordered the limiter this weekend.
Ahh shoot, I have a perfectly good limiter for going for cheap out here

Chris.
Old 09-12-2010, 08:28 PM   #10
ckjmlewis
Not Yet Wild

Unhappy Re: 92 club car no spark

Well installed new limiter and I'm still right where I started I have the white kill crkt unhooked. The cart will start and run for 1-4 minutes then lose spark. It takes about 4 hrs then it will start and run for a couple of minutes. Any ideas. New coil ignitor and limiter box and still the same problem.

Tags
club car, ignition
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car