lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-13-2010, 09:17 PM   #11
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: 92 club car no spark

have you checked your engine grounds, replaced sparkplug and checked plugwire and boot....................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-13-2010, 10:12 PM   #12
ckjmlewis
Not Yet Wild

Cool Re: 92 club car no spark

Installed new ground directly to the neg battery post. I'm checking for spark with a new plug I was even daring enough to stick my finger in the spark plug boot lol. I check it for spark I. The morning has really good spark. Run it for a few mins and it stalls out check for spark and nothing. I'm begginning to wonder if something is up with the flywheel magnet itself I've worked on mnay of lawn mower and the magnets are quite a bit stronger than what this one has. I'm grabbing for straws the only items in the crkt are the magnet the coil the limiter and the ignitor. Keep feeding ideas ill give anything a whirl. I really appreciate all the input.
thanx
Chris
ckjmlewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 10:47 PM   #13
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

before that clean the area on frame top and bottom and get tham as like new as you ca.....same with the battery cable end, also did you check fuse with a tester or lust look and nothing looked broke......we all do it.................lol........but if thats what you did replace that fuse i have seen look like they wern,t bad but they were so try those things...............do you have access to anyone who has cart setup smae as yours.......try putting their parts in one at a time to see if she fires and stays running........want to eliminate that you might have gotton a new bad part.................................
Old 09-14-2010, 12:27 AM   #14
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckjmlewis View Post
Installed new ground directly to the neg battery post. I'm checking for spark with a new plug I was even daring enough to stick my finger in the spark plug boot lol. I check it for spark I. The morning has really good spark. Run it for a few mins and it stalls out check for spark and nothing. I'm begginning to wonder if something is up with the flywheel magnet itself I've worked on mnay of lawn mower and the magnets are quite a bit stronger than what this one has. I'm grabbing for straws the only items in the crkt are the magnet the coil the limiter and the ignitor. Keep feeding ideas ill give anything a whirl. I really appreciate all the input.
thanx
Chris
A jolt that would give Hannibal Lecter a hard on

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 10:31 PM   #15
ckjmlewis
Not Yet Wild

I only wish it would give me jolt lol.... What fuse are you talking about? I have the kill wire unhooked from the microswitch in the box. I wish I had a friend with a cart like this one I could borrow a few parts off of and see if I got something bad. Is there a way to test the ignitor?
ckjmlewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 11:26 AM   #16
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I had this problem CKJ, the igniter tested exactly the same at a spark/no spark condition. I wasn't exactly thrilled when the new igniter tested the same before installation but I went ahead and installed it anyway and the cart has been running perfectly for the last month or so.

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 03:38 PM   #17
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

the red 10 amp fuse in black box its the only fuse in there.......................
Old 09-15-2010, 06:44 PM   #18
jiminpa
Gone Wild

Club Car

I don't think it is the flywheel magnet. It must be something that is getting warm from use, something that electric goes to. The magnet does not heat from use. Did you check the gap between the magnet and the pickup? not that it changes much when it gets warm, but, if it is too tight, it will not spark well (or at all) and when the coil gets warm and expands a tiny bit and the gap closes up a tiny bit more... I don't remember what the gap should be on these, I would guess about .012 to .014 and they are probably very touchy to be in the correct range. If you changed the coil, you could have gotten the adjustment off a bit. hey you said you were grabbing at straws so I thought I would offer another straw...

I know you said you already changed the coil and the igniter, but, it sure sounds like a coil issue.

I have posted this before on another thread, got no answer, but it seems relevant here too, what exactly does the igniter on these do? It is a one wire connection on these 92's, is it as simple as a condenser (capacitor) or is it something more complicated? If it is simply a condenser, you should be able to swap it out with a cheap substitute to test. If it is not just a condenser, you might blow something out trying that.
jiminpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 07:43 PM   #19
jcoledawg
Not Yet Wild

I'm having same problem so far I've replaced the coil next I'm gonna try the igniter did you ever figure yours out ???mines a 96 model
jcoledawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 01:27 PM   #20
KSCart
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

This is the exact problem I am having with my 92. I have unhooked the rpm limitor and replaced the ignitor. Getting ready to buy a coil. Any suggestions on fixing this?
KSCart is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
club car, ignition
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car