lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-09-2010, 05:16 PM   #11
boatman77
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: No charging help please.

mr fusion. did your customer figure out if the generator was the problem?
boatman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-09-2010, 10:17 PM   #12
MRFUSION
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

No have not received the generator back yet, I will let you know as soon as I know though. Shad
MRFUSION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 10:40 PM   #13
MRFUSION
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I guess Jiminpa was right, customer brought the generator to a shop and he said it checks out fine, I guess I will have to check regulator but doing the jumper wire test didnt prove anything so I will keep checking away. Sorry no help here but I will let you know if I find anything. Shad
Old 11-14-2010, 08:13 AM   #14
jiminpa
Gone Wild

Club Car

When you test, make sure you test at the generator.
If you have grounded the field (DF) connection on the generator and it does not charge, then it has nothing to do with the regulator. If the generator has been checked by a rebuild shop and is OK, you must have a problem with how the wires are connected. Look at this picture, just the generator part.
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...swiringje9.jpg
You only have 3 connections leaving the generator for other areas. Your + charging voltage will come out of F2. You ground is A1 or A2 depending on your rotation (F1 will connect to the one your are not grounding). Last is the field (DF), it controls when to charge, it goes to the regulator. You can think of the field as the ON/OFF switch for the generator. When it is grounded, the generator is ON and it pumps electric out the F2 connection as long as A1 or A2 is grounded and the generator is spinning fast enough.
That is all there is to it. No big secret.
jiminpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 09:35 PM   #15
boatman77
Not Yet Wild

I have same problem. I talked to a shop and they told me that it probably was a regulator. So I replaced it and it didn't work. I also did the test that jim said to do and it still didn't charge. Hopefully its the generator
Old 11-15-2010, 12:26 AM   #16
jiminpa
Gone Wild

Club Car

all I can can say is make sure your connections are good. make sure your connections are where they should be as per the diagram. If the generator shop checked out the generator and said it works and it does start your cart. You have some wires screwed up or a bad connection if you can't even get charge when you ground the field.
jiminpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 08:02 AM   #17
boatman77
Not Yet Wild

I just gave the cart to the shop. I see that they have the same cart at there store so I they said that theres charges and they would check all wiring then swap generators to test.
Old 11-16-2010, 12:00 PM   #18
MRFUSION
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Let me know what you find out. I worked on that unit yesterday with no success. I know its wired correctlly as per the diagram but I am curious what voltage I should see on the white and yellow wire under full speed. I get around 12.9v on the white and only 8.9v on the yellow. I also show the white wire has continuity to ground which I am wondering if that is normal too. Thanx for any help.
Old 11-16-2010, 12:13 PM   #19
boatman77
Not Yet Wild

I wasn't even getting 12.9. I only had 12.2. I called the shop yesterday and they said they still think its a bad rgulator that is brand new from them. So they are waiting for another one to be shipped in. They haven't swapped generators but I will l;et you know what they say.
Old 11-18-2010, 11:50 PM   #20
MRFUSION
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I am still drawing a blank with this unit, I did some research on this site and have a couple more questions. This unit arrived in my shop from a customer that had this unit given to him with the generator shot. He got the generator rebuilt and brought it in to me with the white wire smoking and burning when you pushed the pedal. I wired it as per the diagram and it now starts the machine but doesnt charge the battery no matter what I do. Maybe I should switch the A1 and F2 and see what happens, maybe a problem during the rebuilding but shows it works on the bench. Jiminpa seems to be quite knowledgable about these and I will try some of his ideas I found in his other posts. Thanx for any help guys.
Shad
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car