lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-06-2011, 01:17 PM   #1
Tcoe13
Not Yet Wild

Default Questions On Power Kits-G2

i have a g2 with 22 inch tires that im looking to get more power out of. on buggiesunlimited there are two kits with the spring and the washer and one includes the clutch sheave.
what does this clutch sheave do? whats different?
and will i still keep my top speed with these power kits?
Tcoe13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-06-2011, 02:30 PM   #2
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Default Re: Questions On Power Kits-G2

http://www.cartpartsplus.com/yamaha-...-g-2-g-21.html

http://www.cartpartsplus.com/yamaha-power-kit.html

Call Tom
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 11:14 PM   #3
stuff4mason
G8 Club Founding Member

Yamaha

tcoe, I installed the Yamaha power kit on my cart last week. (the one from carts plus as mentioned above). Before, I had to be moving quite fast to get the cart to pull up steep slopes. Once I installed this kit, I can pull up to any slope and stop at the bottom. Hit the gas, and it'll drive up anything now. It didn't affect my top end speed either. I think the sheave is just machined, to allow the belt smoother action as it tightens down.
stuff4mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 04:15 PM   #4
junkyard_dawg_82
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

The kit says its new Machined yamaha sheave, does anyone know for a fact where its machined? It also says it lowers the gear ratio, not just keeps it in low gear longer. Thanks
junkyard_dawg_82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 12:40 AM   #5
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

The machining of the sliding sheave is actually done near the center/inside of the sheave. (If you look closely at the ad pictures, you can see where this machining is done). The purpose of this machining is to allow the two sheaves to be closer together at start up. With the sheaves closer together, the drive belt will be up higher on the driven pulley, which will effectively increase the sheave diameter, giving a lower ratio at start up. The heavier spring causes the driven clutch to shift to a higher ratio at a higher engine rpm than with the original spring. Sort of like having a lower "low" gear and also staying there just a bit longer. Hope this helps to clarify things a bit. RAY
bigstik40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 05:13 AM   #6
junkyard_dawg_82
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks, that's exactly how I thought they would machine the part. It seems like tho if they machined 1 side they would have to machine the other to keep everything balanced???
junkyard_dawg_82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 07:27 AM   #7
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I'm not 100% sure here, but I think because the inner (non-movable) sheaves of both the primary and secondary clutches are lined up, this will not be a problem. RAY
bigstik40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 08:00 AM   #8
Tonka329
Smoov az a gravy sammich

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkyard_dawg_82 View Post
Thanks, that's exactly how I thought they would machine the part. It seems like tho if they machined 1 side they would have to machine the other to keep everything balanced???
No, It is only for torque during startup... Once the belt override's this part, it is normal clutch action. More torque for climbing hills and stock motors with lifts
Tonka329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha